Author Topic: ROAD TRIP  (Read 3187 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: ROAD TRIP
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 08:24:33 PM »
 "uScott"

And for heavens' sake stay away from the bears. There are Bears out in Yellowstone aren't there?? Hubby & I used to have a camper when we went to the nascar races all the time...had alot of fun...don't think anyone got any sleep in the camping area.  But we sure had a great time.  Then my boys started racing here @ the small dirt tracks...sold the camper & started going to all their races.

Have a great time in the {tiltin' Hilton}   ;) ann

Offline uScott

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »
Uscott, if you take your camper in to YELLOWSTONE, make sure your coolling system is in real good working order, for there is some real steep hills to climb going through the park, reson i know this have driven just about all of the roads in the park it self, was raised in the NORTHEASTERN PART OF WYOMING, a little town called SUNDANCE. Have seen brand new trucks with campers on the setting along side of the road, from over heating.

Just though i would  let you know.

I appreciate that.  We've been to jellystone before, but doing the car and hotel thing (I absolutely loved the cabins at Canyon).  I grew up in the mountains myself, and I know how to drive in them.  It's always good for a laugh to watch the flatlanders get here and have no idea how to cope with long, steep canyon roads.  Keeps the local tow drivers and repair shops busy, anyway.

Ann, there are plenty of bears in the park (and wolves, foxes, coyotes, bobcat, bison, elk, etc).  A few hundred yards is as close as anyone needs to get to a bear in the wild, and we actually got to see some black bears from that distance on our last trip.  I would not tent-camp in that part of the country, but I think we'll be fine and have a great time in a hard-side camper.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 07:43:31 PM »
Glad to hear that you are on top of it, we have a road trip coming up, going to SAN DIEGO, UP TO NORWALK, AND FONTANA, to see our great grand daughter, a NAVY SHIP that i was on in the 60's is having a Reunion out there this year.
you-all have a great day.