Author Topic: ROAD TRIP  (Read 3188 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ROAD TRIP
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:56:09 AM »
Wont be on for a few days taking a road trip, needed to get away for a  while thing are starting to get to me agian,

we are going up to aurbrey texas and then on to amarillio then to groom to look at theme park that is up there that the wife wants to see.

having a musical instrument appraised that is over 200 years old, we just want to see what it is worth, has been in the family for over 50 years was brought back from FRANCE at the end of WWII.

PEGLEG
you-all have a great day.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
Re: ROAD TRIP
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »
Have a safe and enjoyable trip. 
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:04:58 AM »
To-all, lhere is the place that we went to, i hope that i donot affend any on by putting this on here.

www.crossministries.net

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 10:26:20 AM »
To-all, lhere is the place that we went to, i hope that i donot affend any on by putting this on here.

www.crossministries.net

"PegLeg" I really don't believe anyone will be offended...none of us could have gotten through what WEhave all been through without him.

Hope the trip was a good one.

;)
ann

Offline Budsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »
Hi Jack may I be so rude as to ask about that instrument and what it is or kind it is?? hehehe

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »
Not at all stinker, it is a violin that is over 200 years old and found out that it is one that was massed produced in the 1800 and isnt worth very much, but i had a feeling that was the story, because the person that raised me had lied to us before and it was just another story that wasnt true, we were told that it was worth thousands and have found out it is worth around 250 to 300 at the most.

Offline uScott

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 11:01:03 AM »
"PegLeg" I really don't believe anyone will be offended...none of us could have gotten through what WEhave all been through without him.

Careful with that WE stuff, Ann...expressing a point of view is one thing, assuming that someone else shares those views is something else.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 12:24:19 PM »
"uScott"

Sorry if I offended.

snowbear

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »

www.crossministries.net

Hope the trip was a good one.

;)
ann

I tend to agree Ann. But some people are very senstive now days. We all have to watch what is siad now days..I for one am not at all offended at much..I also believe a great sence of humor gets us through things in life.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »

Yes, "snowbear" a sense of humor has helped me everyday. If you can laugh at yourself, things most of the time look better.   ;) ann

Offline uScott

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »
"uScott"

Sorry if I offended.

Nope, no offense taken!   :D  I've been a "non member" in a community of "members" too long to be offended...there's nothing to be gained by that.  I'm happy to hear others' views and to share my own, and we all get along just fine when we respect each other without making assumptions.

Now, what were we talking about?  Oh, yeah -- ROAD TRIP! My wife and I got a new slide-in camper for our truck (a genuine tiltin' hilton), and we're already planning to take it to see the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Arches N.P., just for starters  It'll be the first (2nd, 3rd, etc) time I've been camping since I lost my leg.  It's sure to be a grand adventure.... ;)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »
I wouldn't be offended either but I  would tend to agree with uScotts thoughts.

I'm not religious but there may be members of the forum here that have many different kinds of beliefs. I wouldn't want anyone to feel censored at all but I tend to like it when forums such as this stay neutral/non-religious.

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

snowbear

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »

Yes, "snowbear" a sense of humor has helped me everyday. If you can laugh at yourself, things most of the time look better.   ;) ann

Better to laugh then cry better to try then be full of self pity!

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »
Hi Steve Hi uScotts  - I agree with both of you. This is a great site and I would hate to see it change into a religion discussion group. It is a pretty safe bet that many of the members of this site are not Christians. Herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 07:29:17 PM »
Uscott, if you take your camper in to YELLOWSTONE, make sure your coolling system is in real good working order, for there is some real steep hills to climb going through the park, reson i know this have driven just about all of the roads in the park it self, was raised in the NORTHEASTERN PART OF WYOMING, a little town called SUNDANCE. Have seen brand new trucks with campers on the setting along side of the road, from over heating.

Just though i would  let you know.