Author Topic: This is a test message  (Read 2266 times)

Offline billf

• View Profile
This is a test message
« on: February 15, 2008, 01:32:12 PM »
Trying to figure out how to post a simple message.  None to sure I have it figgured out yet.  And to think that I moderated a SMF branded forum at one time.  Things change, I guess I don't change as fast.

BillF
lbk

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
Re: This is a test message
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 01:53:53 PM »
Bil, what is an SMF branded forum??  I used to moderate a progressive (?) religious forum, but I have no idea what kind of format it was.   I don't even know what format this forum is!
Marilyn
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Offline billf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 02:42:48 PM »
There are several different packages of forum software available, some free, others not.  Invision Power Board is probably the most prominent.  SMF (Simple Machines Forum) is Aussie based and is the forum software that was chosen to replace the old package at the Amputee Treatment Center.

Now, if I can still remember how to post, and spell, and type, and and and.

BillF

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 02:58:03 PM »
it looks like you guys are getting the feel of this new unit and forum, i was on it for about two day before i really got to know how to do things and i am still learning and dont worry about spelling, for we have spell check on this site. and it is faster than one of the other webs i know of.

Micheal, Lee, and Gary have done a great job in setting this up for us.

you-all have a great day.

Offline pyourke

• BAK - Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 06:46:28 PM »
Is there any way to see what messages that you've read when you sign in? I've requested messages since my last visit, but I have to read from the top as there is no indicator as to what is the new messages since my last login.
Peter
BAK since '74