Author Topic: Handcycles  (Read 7553 times)

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
Re: Handcycles
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 11:35:03 PM »
Thanx 4 the info Mitchee...

Have you tried any of the products?

I used the wedge from Excel Sports before I became an amputee.  I still use them.  I plan on purchasing the rotor crank system next spring. 

I have been fortunate, I really haven't needed to make too many adjustments to my riding style.  The biggest problem was that my socket was digging into the back of my thigh when I pedaled.  I haven't had any other problems with pedaling, strength, etc.  I did have to build my confidence (after my amputation) before I felt comfortable riding with cleated pedals in traffic.  I practiced clipping in and out of the pedals on a side street and I practiced starting and stopping until I felt comfortable and then I began riding in traffic.

I'm glad to see that Rikk has added to this thread.  Rikk, thanks for your posts.  Chrysochloridae, Rikk is a great source for info.  Rikk is an avid rider and can probably answer just about any question that you or your patients may have.

Michelle
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline Rikk

• View Profile
Re: Handcycles
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 02:39:32 AM »
chrysochloridae, not sure if you've seen this in the other thread, if not take a peek at this http://91.151.214.107/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10729 and fire away with any Q's that pop up.