Author Topic: new legs  (Read 2207 times)

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
new legs
« on: April 15, 2008, 12:06:40 AM »
I took home my new prosthesis last week. They are temporary to walk a bit and get used to before final adjustments are made and the sockets are made final.

I opted for the College Park Venture feet with a regular pylon. What is really different for me this time is that the prosthetist cast me for custom made liners from Otto Boch.

The comfort is far better than my current day to day sockets with the Alpha liners I've used for years.

This evening I went down the 24 stairs up to our suite and on the way back up the College Park feet were amazing on the stairs. Almost felt like the foot was initiating my step up to the next stair!

Yes, who'd a thunk it. A double below knee amputee lives in an old heritage house with 24 steps up to his apartment.

Anyway, considering the feet are new and will take some getting used to, I'm excited about the whole process and feel I've made a good choice for the new feet and new prosthetist.

I'm heading down to Phoenix next week for the Phoenix Amputee Golf Tournament and then my wife and I are off to Sedona for 5 days. It will be nice to escape the great Canadian North and bask in the sun for 9 days. We're staying at the Sedona Hilton resort and Spa for the last 5 days of our trip which has a fabulous golf course on site and 3 swimming pools and Spa. We are hoping to tour over to the Grand Canyon and may take a helicopter tour right into the Canyon.

I sent Joe A. a get well card the other day. I hope everyone who has a chance can send Joe a card as he has been an inspiration and help to many of us.

Cheers and good wishes to everyone.
David in Canada. ;)
pin-hi

snowbear

Re: new legs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 08:52:09 AM »
Have a safe trip and be safe! Happy you legs are working out for you so far!

snowbear

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:53:48 AM »
I must have missed Joe's address is it listed here..can't seem to find it.?

Offline Michael

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:04:41 AM »
Glad to hear you are doing so well.  What is Joe's address, so that I and other may send him good wishes.

snowbear

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 09:14:29 AM »
yes I would also like to send good wishes too! Thanks.

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:28:02 AM »
Joe's address is in the Health and Fitness section under topic "saying goodbye", on the 3rd or 4th page of that thread.
pin-hi

snowbear

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »
Cool! Thanks so much!