Author Topic: Anyone on Facebook?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline anne f.

• View Profile
Anyone on Facebook?
« on: April 14, 2008, 12:34:20 AM »
Just wondering if anyone here is a member of facebook, I would love to add everyone to my list, also wondering if there are any facebook groups for amps?

Offline naseigfried

• Me on the right with Theron, my great legman. RIP
    • View Profile
    • My MySpace page
Re: Anyone on Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 08:43:41 AM »
Yes, I'm on Facebook and yes, there are groups for amputees. I'm not as active as I should be. I can't even tell you how to get to my homepage. I'll investigate that and get back with you.
LBK since April 2004

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:26:34 PM »
Yes, I'm on Facebook and yes, there are groups for amputees. I'm not as active as I should be. I can't even tell you how to get to my homepage. I'll investigate that and get back with you.

OK  I might just as well admit it...I am a dork....what is facebook.

;)
ann

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »
Yer not alone, Ann:

Here's another dork - maybe a sign of my age....

While I've heard of Facebook, don't know just how it works.

Is it one of these things that generates a bucketload of SPAM?

Enlighten us old geezers - and geezettes.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline anne f.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 10:39:13 PM »
Gosh how to describe facebook, it's probably easiest to just google "Facebook" and it will take you to the main page.  It is the neatest thing, you can look up any of your friends by just typing their name.  I have found tons of old school friends and distant relatives that I had lost contact with.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 08:06:21 AM »
Anne f.  thanks for the information will look it up tonight, may be able to use it in finding some old shipmates, by the last count we have 567 that served on it.
you-all have a great day.

snowbear

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 08:49:49 AM »

OK  I might just as well admit it...I am a dork....what is facebook.

That make 2 dorks Ann! Neither am I!
 ;)
Ann

Offline King Rocky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 10:37:15 AM »
But ... you will come across people or old friends/classmates / school mates - only if they are registered with FaceBook, right?
So, what's the big fuss?  If I want to find a friend who is NOT registered with it, then good luck!

My inbox keeps flooding with so many new profiles or programs to keep in touch with friends.

I knooooww, people will say FACEBOOK is just different ... but I can name 10-15 like that.  But I guess people have different tastes and opinions .. and rightly so!
I'm not against anyone using FaceBook, but then there's:
Plaxo, hi5, Names Database, MySpace, Wayn, Flixster, jaxtr (for phone calls), and then there's Skype ...
these are just to name a few ...

All the best for those who pursue this.
King Rocky
aka - Jan. '06
"Significant times in life are NOT ALWAYS significant, when we are going through it" -  Rajan '98

Offline pyourke

• BAK - Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »
I use Facebook and find it a great way to keep up with family and friends, post photos and find old friends. It's safe as long and you set the privacy settings to who can see your info. I'm not, however, one of those people with hundreds of 'friends' and only accept 'adds' from people that I want to communicate with but who may not live close by. Definitely you should check it out.
Peter
BAK since '74

snowbear

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »
Not much is safe now days on the computer you have to be very careful..I choose not to visit those types of sites. You never know with identify theft and other things going on..If a good hacker or stalker wants information he will get it no matter how safe we think it is.