Author Topic: Help with a problem???  (Read 1165 times)

Offline annieg

• View Profile
Help with a problem???
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:34:48 PM »
Hi all,  I vacationed in Prague the first of April.  I brought a wheelchair because although I can walk I can't do a long distance.  I checked it as luggage on the way home 4/5.  It never showed up.  I filed a lost baggage claim on 4/6 with Air France.  On 4/9 I receive a phone call from Lost & Found at the airport.  They had found it abandoned in a terminal?  They said it was my responsibility to pay a freight service to get it to my home.  I felt AF lost it and should get it back to me.  Lost & Found said just have someone from airline come over sign for it and have them get it back to me.   I have called baggage claim & customer service 8/10 times in the last week.  They are all tell me they will work on it and I have never gotten a call back! Any suggestions? I am beyond frustrated!! Sorry this was so long winded!!    Thanks for listening.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Help with a problem???
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 06:58:36 AM »
Thats sounds incredibly frustrating. I have had luggage (bags) lost in the past and as I remember they always left them off to me as it was their fault it became lost.
In your case I would of course keep calling but maybe also send emails as you will have a record of correspondence. One thing I always figured might work is to contact a local politician as well. Even contact a local newspaper and or television station. The fact they are not returning a wheelchair of all things is scandalous. If after a few emails go without a proper resolution, write again and put the politicians, newspapers, tvs email in the :Cc and :Bcc lines in the emails addresses. That way the others will be in the loop and Air France will see this and it may just light a fire under them. No one wants that sort of publicity.
I did this when I had a problem with a broken mobile phone. Not a serious problem in comparison but I had been getting the run around from their customer service and when I added the companies presidents email address in the mix it suddenly got resolved.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 06:33:56 PM »
Thanks for the support.  I am ready to say "uncle".  I can't believe the are so nonchalant about a wheelchair!  But my motto is  "Don't get mad, get even"!  I am on a campaign now. Thanks again, annieg

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 01:25:16 PM »
I know it's frustrating. You must persevere. They are responsible to deliver lost items to your door or reimburse you for the cost. Call your local news station. They love story's like this.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 01:55:56 PM »
Thanks Joe A.  I am working on my campaign!  I wrote on their facebook page and I sent a letter to the head honcho.  I got a response to my FB message.  They are investigating!  Right!  No response to my letter yet.  We will see.  Thanks again, annieg

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 11:32:37 PM »
Do not give up, unfortunately until others have been in a similar situation they sometimes really do not care or maybe understand, I am being nice.  You were lucky you were able to walk and not a paraplegic who needed it when they got to the airport.  Do you have a receipt for it being checked?
Hope it all works out:)

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »
I wrote on their Facebook page and got a response!!  I explained the situation.  It took a while but I finally got an email with an apology and a $250.00 voucher for future travel.  It's too bad you have to make a big fuss to get results.  Thanks for all the encouragement! annieg