Author Topic: DWTS!  (Read 1145 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
DWTS!
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »

Have any of you been watching Dancing w/the Stars?  I had heard Amy Purdy was fantastic, but had not seen her until last night.  She wore a pair of special feet so she could dance on her toes., unbelievable.  Also she told how she lost her legs & also how her father donated a kidney so that she would be able to continue to live her life.

Last night was a fascinating show.  Each contestant shared what year was a turning point in their lives.

OK ladies & gents, time for our forum to start posting again.   Thanks Joe for thinking about us.     ;)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: DWTS!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
Hi Ann. You know I haven't ever watched that programme or even heard of Amy Purdy. I looked her up though and I she is very impressive. I may have a little crush! ;D
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »

You go friend   ;)

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 10:04:48 PM »
I  haven't seen DWTS but I watch so little TV that mine was out for two weeks from a snow storm and I didn't know it until the Lineman knocked on the door to tell me it was back up.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 11:06:31 PM »

Joe, do you read alot or have you bad eyesight.  I have a Kindle HDFire tablet.  Love it & it will also read the story to you.

Me, I am a TV alky.....love anything funny or a good mystery.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 08:32:23 AM »
I haven't been watching much telly either. With living so remote I have to have Sky (cable) so I supposedly have somewhere like 100 channels. That said, storms make it hard to keep channels tuned and even when they are, the shows are brutal! haha

As for reading, I'm mad into it. I would be more 'old school' as I love the feel and smell of a book. Going to bookshops would my version of going to church. I loved Clive Cussler (adventure) but they seem a bit formulaic and at present I am reading Bernard Cornwell (historical novels covering actual events in early britain). I'm reading Cornwell's book so fast you'd think I was eating them. http://www.bernardcornwell.net/

When in a gritty crime mood, there's no man like Ed Bruen. A Irishman from Galway who writes the 'Jack Taylor' crime novels that take place in Galway where I used to live. Its great to read a story where I know the locations like the back of my hand. The Jack Taylor series have been made into several tv programmes. He writes other books as well besides Jack taylor, some have even been made into films.
http://www.goodreads.com/series/50920-jack-taylor
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 06:28:17 PM »
I am only watching it because of Amy, I know her and she is doing great. Please vote for her the day of the show.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »

I haven't watched every week, but she is great!!    I also vote for her each week.  I can not believe what that lady has accomplished.   ;D

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 11:39:11 PM »
I haven't watch since first season, but I have been watching all of this seasons. I know Amy and the dancing is amazing. Wish I looked like that:)
Please keep voting for her, not many more shows left.