Author Topic: Where'd you go?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
Where'd you go?
« on: March 25, 2014, 06:03:26 AM »
I don't know why you all aren't posting. Was there some upheaval that left you angry with one another? A hundred years ago when I lost my leg, If I hadn't found this forum I would have died. It was this site that gave me help and hope. Sometimes they pissed me off with brutal honesty. Other times they laid a hand on my shoulder to cheer me up but all in all I learned that our greatest resource is each other. God bless Mike for still hosting this forum. God bless you for coming here to share what you know.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Where'd you go?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:44:35 AM »
I assume people drifted away slowly. The posts dropped and so people checked in less often. I remember the days of chatting with Bruce and George (!).
I hated to see it get quiet. Coming here is like Christmas with the family. Sure, there may be arguments but there is a mutual respect and caring too.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:25:01 AM »
Perhaps if you could convince Mike to open the registration more people might come. I had a terrible time getting back on.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:43:35 PM »
I agree this is a great forum and thanks to mike for keeping it up, I think the problem with opening it up you get manufactured etc and other people not to trust.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:50:51 PM »
I thought it was some political cause regarding international copyright or something. I don't know as I was unconscious for a couple of years

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:04:18 PM »

Joe, I do not even think there have been much of a discussion on here for years...honestly I can't think anyone has been rude to any one.  We have tried games, etc.,  and nothing in replies.   After awhile I stopped coming.  I had soooo much fun before, and of course I loved teasing Steve.   ;)

PS:  I don't know if Jim Thompson has ever been on this forum, but he passed on  Good Friday,.  he invented shower sleeves for your leg.  Personally I will miss he and his wife Shirley very much....he was a special person who would do just about anything for his fellow amputee.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 11:12:42 AM »
Oh yes. I recall Jim. His wrap around shower cover was a great idea. I use a shower chair myself. He will be missed.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »
Yes, that was him.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 08:38:13 AM »
I think I remember Jim. Sad to hear of his passing. I bought one of those shower covers! (I tend to use it for work in bogs though. Its very handy.)

You love teasing me Ann? Good!
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »

Yep! just one of my life pleasures   ;D.....Question:   were you born in the US of Ireland & have you lived  here any length of time.   ;)

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »
Love to see action on this page!  I think we all got caught up in our lives!  It so good to see you again.  annie
He who limps, still walks.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 09:05:37 PM »

Glad to hear from you also annieg....gosh we have been having horrible weather,  cold & rain, rain, etc. but today it is beautiful.  Warm but not hot & sunny.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »
I am back also, hope everyone is well, hot where I live.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 09:28:19 PM »
I have missed you all!  Spring is finally here!!! I live near Cape Cod.  I thought we might miss Spring this year and go right into summer.  Life is good and I hope you are all well.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.