Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2351 times)

Danny Y

Introduction
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:09:39 AM »
Hi, my name is Danny. I'm a new member here, I suppose. I bookmarked this site more than a year ago, but never signed up as a member. I do belong to another forum and have posted there a few times. I have, however, read posts here on a regular basis. I've learned a lot from reading your posts and replies. Michael, thanks for having this site available. Your insight and advice have been very helpful.

Briefly, I've been a RBK amp for 17 months now. I guess that I'm fortunate that my amputation was due to a work accident rather than illness. It seems to me that recovery has been fairly easy in my case. I have great admiration for all of you that have so much more to deal with, yet handle your  situations so well! I'm a better bowler as an amp (kind of embarrassing when I think about it!). My wife and I have just resumed ballroom dance lessons for the first time since we were in our early twenties. No problems so far, but if we ever get to the quickstep, I think Lil Stumpy might have some serious challenges!!

Well, Hi to everyone. I look forward to being part of this group.
Danny

P.S.  The dance photo you see might be misleading. It was taken at my son's wedding three weeks after my amputation. I still had staples in my stump. I had told my wife that I was going to dance with her Jay's wedding. Was it cheating if I didn't tell her that she'd have to hold me up?

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:48:35 PM »
Hello and welcome Danny!

I belong to several amp forums, but I like this one the best.  I don't know if it's because its smaller and more intimate or what, but I just find myself here the most.

Sorry that you have reason to join our ranks, but glad you found us!!
Marilyn
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

jmoore

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:20:02 PM »
hi danny welcome i am new to this forum too been to a few others like this one the most sorry you had to join our club sounds like you are doing good and thats matters have fun dancing and good luck jeff.

snowbear

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »
Hello Danny! Am a old new member myself...Just wanted to say hello and welcome aboard!