Author Topic: diabetic foot pain  (Read 1021 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
diabetic foot pain
« on: April 07, 2014, 04:29:03 PM »
I there any one out there having nerve pain in their stumps, i have found out that i am a type 3 diabetic and have nerve pain in both stumps am a bilateral BKA, what it feel like it your are getting poked by a bunch of pins and needles and all the time your stump also feels numb, then it goes to a pain that is like getting hit with a lighting bolt, Is there any one out there that this is happening to them.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
Re: diabetic foot pain
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 08:35:42 AM »
There's a new drug designed specifically for that type of pain. It's called Lyrica. I tried it and it works. While it's prescribed for three times per day, I only used it "As Needed" when things acted up and it worked well like that as well.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 04:14:13 PM »
Joe, i get my meds from the VA and they wont give it to  me  because the side effect of depression and posible suicide of a peson that has PSTD, bu thy have givin  me a differant pill called VENLAFAXINE 75MG's once a day and it is woking took about a week for my body to  adjust to it. plus using tyneral super strenght tablets.

P.S. joe what is your blood suger running mine is around 100 and am just about to check now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:18:13 PM by pegleg jack »

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 06:40:52 PM »
85 to 600
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »
Man you are all over the  place, just took mine and it came in at 141 not bad for me..

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 10:09:34 PM »
Mine is just 465. I don'y know why I bother to test or take Insulin. Sometimes it just goes crazy and for no reason. I eat the same thing and do the same things every day. I'm told consistency is the key to control butit doesn't seem to work for me. I feel it's because of my blood disorder.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
Mine was like that for awhile thsn  i started walking around the house more aand mine stated to stable out around 100 so i keep up walking and wheeling in my wheell chair ever other day, and it seems to help some and i still dont go for there idiotic diet for diabetics, told them that i  was and have only on life to live and i am gonna live it the way i want to.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »
Just a note Lyrica has been out for a while and it s used for nerve pain. There also are side effects that can come right away or after years of use, some seizure meds like Kepra are also used for nerve pain.