Author Topic: road trip  (Read 2435 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
road trip
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
jus to let everyone know i will be gone from 30 june until unknown at this time, going to MOBRIDGE, S. DAK. THEN OVER INTO WYOMING(SUNDANCE AND LANDER) AND THEN ON INTO VEGAS AND DOWN INTO THE LA BASIN AND ON DOWN TO SAN DIEGO AND THEN HOME.
THE TWONS IN LA ARE AS FOLLOWS LYNWOOD, NORWALK, AND FONTANA, TO VISIT FRIENDS AND RELATIVES AND SEE MY GREATGRAND DAUGHTERSAND BY THE TIME WE GET BAACK JUST MAY HAVE A GREATGRAND SON WAITING FOR US.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: road trip
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 05:40:23 AM »
Sounds like a great trip Jack. Enjoy! (and a early congrats to your new grandchild!!)
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline DaveC

• Live life like you were dying
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:00:19 AM »
jus to let everyone know i will be gone from 30 june until unknown at this time, going to MOBRIDGE, S. DAK. THEN OVER INTO WYOMING(SUNDANCE AND LANDER) AND THEN ON INTO VEGAS AND DOWN INTO THE LA BASIN AND ON DOWN TO SAN DIEGO AND THEN HOME.
THE TWONS IN LA ARE AS FOLLOWS LYNWOOD, NORWALK, AND FONTANA, TO VISIT FRIENDS AND RELATIVES AND SEE MY GREATGRAND DAUGHTERSAND BY THE TIME WE GET BAACK JUST MAY HAVE A GREATGRAND SON WAITING FOR US.

Ahhh, Mobridge So Dak, just 100 miles from where I grew up (Lemmon).
Played many a High School footblall game there
Can I assume going to Sundance via Sturgis?
And while in Vegas, please say Hi to the ex. (Yea Right)
And while in San Diego say hi to her Sister, (her I like)

Enjoy the ride and ride safe.
And Enjoy the GREAT Grand kids.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:23:21 PM »
no DAVE will miss Sturgus, TAKING 212 out of mobridge into BELLE FOUCHE and then on to SPEARFISH and then SUNDANCE where i grew up.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
Pegleg,  Sounds like a nice trip.  Slow down and enjoy yourself.  Have a fun time.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline uScott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 03:59:44 PM »
Enjoy and be safe! I assume you'll be taking I-80/I-15 south, wave to me when you pass through SLC. (I'll be out there...somewhere...)

If I may suggest a scenic route, from Spanish Fork take US-6 east to US-89 south, it's a quiet and pretty drive that will take you to I-70 west and thence back to I-15 south.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 08:39:25 PM »
well guys it wasn't much o a trip, got as far as Pierre, s Dakota's and wound up in the hospital on the third, fourth and fifth, had come down with a nasty infection and lost all control of my legs and urine tract, they pumped me full of antibiotics and other med and have cleaned it up so far, need to be checked out by me   own Doc down here next week, will start calling and make the necessary appointments on Monday and see what happens then, but in the mean time i have to wear pamper which i dint like at all , but guess it is part of the way things are, will type more later am getting real tired right now.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that the trip didn't end well and for the annoying health problems. You've been through worse than this though Jack, you're a tough cookie and you'll get through this as well. Chin up!
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 12:05:17 PM »

Gosh jack, that isn't what was planned...but steve is right, you shall get thru this with flying colors.  It isn't fun being in the hospital and especially in a strange {not home} place.    :(  Keep us updated, and remember your "new undies are not for long"    ;)

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
Jack,
Sorry or tr did not turn out as planned. Take care of yoursel😊😊

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »

Jack, hoping ur feeling much better by now.  :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 03:06:24 PM »
thnks you all , am getting over it slowly but surely at my age it takes time for us to heal up sure do wish that it would come faster but then agian i dont know , am sill weak but i manage to get my legs on and get around and get  some work done out in my shop, got 8 models going right now so i keep busy.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 11:15:51 AM »

Just be careful of your fingers   ;)

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 09:27:56 PM »
Keeping getting better and be sure you are getting enough sleep, it is natural medicine.