Author Topic: phantom pains  (Read 3291 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
phantom pains
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
hey out there. I know that most of us have and would like to get rid of phantom pains well i have found something that has help me out and has gotten rid of about 95% of mine, and now want to state IAM NOT A DOCTOR OR DO I REPRESENT ANY MEDICAL FIELD OR PERSON OR CLAIM TO BE ONE. But here is what i am using and it is EDTA KELADINE CREME.  i use it every day and it has slowed down my phantoms especially a night after i take my liners off, i started it to clean my system of calcium build up on my heart  valves and it is working. i get mine from  BISCAYNE INERNATIONAL.IN south portland me. and you  can also find it under EDTA  KEDLAINE  CREME  on your seach bar. you will also find that they claim it to be a scam, but so far it is working for me, now i do not know if it will work for you or anyone else, but to me it is worth a try out

NEW SUBJECT: I know that i haven't been on much lately. i do come on every night but don't post much, just haven't had much to say.
you-all have a great day.

Offline chuck p

• View Profile
Re: phantom pains
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:37:34 PM »
Hey Peg Leg,  ironically i'm getting clobbered right now. huge electric jolts thru my stump every 10 seconds or so. this could be a long night....i'm  a little lucky as it's been a while. thanks for the tip....maybe i'll try it in the future.

Offline chuck p

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:25:25 PM »
Well, it was as bad as I feared. Spent the whole night night rocking back and forth bracing for the next excruciating wave. No sleep. Took a few  pills but it didn't make a dent. Finally went to e.r. to get a shot. Still didn't  go away until late in the wee hours last night.  An old joke always comes to mind...why did the guy hit himself on the head with a hammer?  Because it felt so good when he stopped.  Anyhow, it's been that way for me for 24 years.  Not looking for a pity party but trying to find some solution. I don't mind the occasional buzzing or maverick jolt  but when it trips off hard into a rythym I  know I'm in for it. I've tried  "pain clinics"......not my thing...I don't need a patch when I feel fine most of the time. Thought I'd get a nerve conduction study....no go. A neurologist thought I am not experiencing phantom pain at all but it's a bad nerve gone haywire [what i always suspected].  I never feel any pain in my missing leg or foot.  I did early on right after my accident but it went away within 4 months or so. I know I can't be the only one who lost sleepless nights in pain.     [usually at night but not always]   I'm curious as to what others experience......any thoughts on that subject?

Offline DaveC

• Live life like you were dying
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:44:14 AM »
Chuck
Still, after 24 years?? Damn!!!
I'm still a newbie, but I get the lightining bolt from the (missing) knee down thru the (missing) ankle.
I also get seizures for an hour or two at night , usually after a long days work, for a couple hours.
Fortunately I still take a double dose of nerve medication that helps, a little, after a couple hours.
So, no, I can't offer anything except my sympathies.
And, NO ONE knows how it feels, except us.

I pray  for you that it gets better

Dave

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 01:11:29 PM »

Chuck, mine r about always @ night also.  Feels like someone stabbing me & of course u can not hold still.  I still have those in my missing leg & foot though.  Sometime I use heating pad and it works {not all the time} but sometime it does help.  I do not sleep without an elastic stocking on my missing part of leg & foot., thats a{ have to have item }for me.  I notice it is not in the missing parts ....{what is left of ur leg}?

Can they go in and cauterize that nerve?  Hope u can find something to help.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »
Ever bodies pain is different and they say sometimes rubbing where it hurts even though nothing is there it helps the brain.  I also thing when we over do it we are more likely to have pain at night. Hang in there, I hope it gets less and less for everyone.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »
 ;D hi Peg leg. Jack how's  it going? Long time since I've been here. I'm still experiencing phantoms most of the time..just learned to deal..hope you well.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 12:12:50 AM »
Talk to doc sometimes they can give u something for it. Also heating pad sometimes help.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »
Have tried it all  meds nerve blocks. You name it nothing helps.

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 12:36:10 PM »
It hasn't been quite 2 years since my accident, and I still get em.
However not as often. Maybe once a day.
My issue is, the seizures my leg goes into, mostly at bed time, if I don't keep my med level up there.
But, the phantom pain, yea, I just grimace and bear it.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 05:33:08 AM »
A lot of people are now using a drug called "Lyrica" specifically designed for nerve pain. Have your sockets checked for load placement. Remember you shrink and will settle deeper into your socket which puts pressure in the wrong place.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 11:17:02 PM »
A lot of people are now using a drug called "Lyrica" specifically designed for nerve pain. Have your sockets checked for load placement. Remember you shrink and will settle deeper into your socket which puts pressure in the wrong place.

That was part of my problem.
My stump changed and my socket didn't
I got a different style liner, which helped, and they're working on a new socket.
Hope you get some new drugs or they figure it out
God Bless you all
Dave

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »
to all on here check out my latest post on this.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 06:34:34 PM »
I agree talk to doc, maybe they can give you something when you get the pain.