Author Topic: Prosthetic Leg covers  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Prosthetic Leg covers
« on: May 21, 2013, 08:01:56 AM »
Many of us use a cosmetic cover made of foam and a nylon or rubber cover over that that but some go 'bare pole'. Myself, I'm a bare pole man unless I feel the need to be more inconspicuous.

This fella has a company that creates a lower leg cover that is more artistic than anatomically correct. They have them for men and women and create them custom to to make them to fit the persons tastes.  I like them. They run from $4,000 - 6,000 so they aren't cheap. I just have to keep playing the lotto...

From their site:
Bespoke Fairings™ are specialized coverings that surround an existing prosthetic leg, accurately recreating the body form through a process that uses three-dimensional scanning to capture the unique leg shape. But Fairings not only return the lost contour, they invite an expression of personality and individuality that has never before been possible.

Fairings infuse the individual's lifestyle and taste into the design from the start. But to make this an even more personal part of the prosthetic leg, Fairings can be enhanced with patterns, graphics, and materials—including leather, ballistic nylon fabric, chrome plating, and even tattoos. By creating a unique custom form that presents the individual, Bespoke Innovations hopes to change the way the world thinks of prostheses.

http://www.bespokeinnovations.com/content/gallery

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
Re: Prosthetic Leg covers
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »
I have a cosmetic cover but I have to say these are very interesting.  I'm getting older and I think I might just like to express myself this way.  When I win the lottery, Steve, I'll buy us each one!  :D  Thank for the interesting article.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
Re: Prosthetic Leg covers
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »
I have seen them in person and they are awesome but out of my price range unles I iw the lotto also. Cool though.