Author Topic: ASLEEP {AGAIN}  (Read 3697 times)

Offline DaveC

• Live life like you were dying
    • View Profile
Re: ASLEEP {AGAIN}
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
You can read my post regarding plie'2 I love it!  Not sure your weight and all that stuff but I know freedom innovations makes a lot of good feet with action. A lot of the other feet I call rock feet because it is like walking on a rock or I should say a brick.  The good thing with feet must of them have a trial period that you can actually wear them, I would suggest trying different feet, I know amps that love the freedom renegade xt, the highlander. I have not had much luck with OB feet really stiff and CP feet some situation.
Best of luck. No more sleeping!

Yea, at my last appt, they measured me for  the carbon fiber socket. Next is fitting, which should be in a few days.
Then get the knee and I believe, he said the Renegade foot.
I haven't done as much research on the foot as I have the different MPC knees (C-leg, Plie, Rheo, etc) and have pretty much settled on the Plie.My leg person (he ain't a Dr) is gonna start me on the Plie, but said he still wanted me to try the c-leg.
I will, but from what I now read, I think comparing the two (quicker response, battery, etc) it's gonna be an easy decision, I think.

Anyway, the sun is shining, I'm getting my new scot today or tomoro, I'm alive, I can walk even if it's on a crappy leg for now, I got a job, and ain't complainig.

Hope everyone hade a great Easter.
God is great

Carry on

Dave

Offline dannyy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 08:23:59 AM »
Wishing you the best, Dave
I wouldn't worry about taking advice from your leg guy because he isn't a "Doctor". Whenever I've needed a new leg or liners and had to get a prescription from my doctor, my prosthetist writes out what I need. I then give the information to my physician, he copies it down, and then submits it to the insurance company for approval. The "doctor" doesn't know crap about amputees.

Danny

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 09:52:48 AM »

True here also Danny.  Doctor just writes out the scrip. for what the prosthetist says  I need.  My doctor had never seen an amputee before.   ;)

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
Ask why they want to try the cleg if you like e other one first.  The cleg makes lots of promises about different modes etc both they have to set it and you only have 2, with the Plié 2 programmed correctly it will do everything you need including very slow walking, back words if you need to and no remote, and a simple battery that is easy to replace and you do not need exspensive chord running across the room to recharge, also alignment is different for cleg, not normal position.

Offline chuck p

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 11:54:56 PM »
HEY Dave,   Just curious like dolphin as to why your prosthetic guy is pushing the c leg. Is this Hangger prosthetics by any chance? I ask because they are sort of " married" up with otto-bock concerning the c leg. Lots of pro's and cons about the whole thing. I once had a c leg about 15 years ago ....new tech back then [ 1st generation] . didnt work out.....socket went up my butt...very heavy and it rubbed me a bloody mess.  But I could almost jog and go down steps foot over foot....that was a rush....have never done it since. My prosthetic guy was going to fix it...lost my charger ; then the leg.....he eventually left or was dismissed. I don't mean to dis hangger but it did leave a bad taste in my mouth.  They are pushing for a new c leg for me again once I heal up more but I would like to explore options like the plie. I'm sure new c legs are good but hangger does have an agenda so heads up!  best of luck.

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 12:26:22 AM »
I go in tomorrow for the first fitting of the new carbon fiber socket.
Then I'm sure another adjustment, then another fitting then I'll be ready for the Plie'.

I told him that's what I wanted. He said OK.

He has to call in the Freedom guy  for the fitting/programming etc then I should be ready to rock and roll

My prosthetist isn't pushing the cleg, just making sure it's my decision on what works best for me.(VA talk for 'it's your fault if it don't fit/work properly')

Actually he's pretty good, just slow (but that's a VA  issue, not his.)

So, I should be up and running in a couple weeks.

I chose the Plie' for all the reasons given
battery
water resistent
change in pace
not being a step behind
etc
etc

Looking fwd to it

thanx again all

Dave

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 01:41:33 PM »
I go in tomorrow for the first fitting of the new carbon fiber socket.
Then I'm sure another adjustment, then another fitting then I'll be ready for the Plie'.
I told him that's what I wanted. He said OK.
He has to call in the Freedom guy  for the fitting/programming etc then I should be ready to rock and roll
My prosthetist isn't pushing the cleg, just making sure it's my decision on what works best for me.(VA talk for 'it's your fault if it don't fit/work properly')
Actually he's pretty good, just slow (but that's a VA  issue, not his.)
So, I should be up and running in a couple weeks.
 chose the Plie' for all the reasons given
battery
water resistent
change in pace
not being a step behind
etc
etc
Looking fwd to it
thanx again all
Dave

This is a shameless BUMP for Annie to show that we ain't dead yet...

I've been to the Dr a couple times since my last post (sound like a confession doesn't it)
And I've been moulded, fitted and refitted with the new, lighter, thinner, better fitting socket.
Next step (this week hopefully) I go in for the final socket fitting and attchment of the Plie, and programming.
I'm kinda stoked cause i'm so tired of the old socket ripping me up in just 8 hours of wearing it, then suffering for 2 more days to heal up.

But, Life is good and I'm alive.
I got my new trike and enjoy being back in the wind again.
Will post some pics of the new leg when I get it, (not like everyone here ain't seen one, but for me, the new guy, I'm pleased as punch to be (hopefully) walking (and riding) pretty much pain free after just 11 months of damn near getting killed.

So, Annie, what's new with you??

All my prayers to everyone here

Dave

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »
How's your leg?  I am curious why they did not put it on with your check socket, kinda weird to wait until socket is all done because the alignment may change for you With a different knee.

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »
How's your leg?  I am curious why they did not put it on with your check socket, kinda weird to wait until socket is all done because the alignment may change for you With a different knee.

Sorry for the delay.
Well, good and bad
The Plie2 is great.
The socket sucks
It's about 3/8 of an inch too long, I gotta wear wedges on my good foot, after a few hours my stump sweats, shrinks and sinks lower into the socket, hitting the bottom, and rubbing on my crotch.

Good news, they're working on a new knee (I got a loaner now), shortening the socket and tightening it up a little so I don't slip further into it.

But, I'm still tryhing to be positive, knowing it's only been a year and I may be expecting too much (but from the VA, not really)

So, I'm up and about, a little slower than I wanna be, but if I manage my time, I can make it work, for now.

Thanx for asking

Dave

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 11:17:02 PM »
Is the whole prosthesis to long? If so why didn't they just shorten the pylon going into foot?
What foot do you have? The PLie2 comes in a knee disartic version if you are really tight on space, but they never should have your prosthetic side longer than your sound side, you must always be catching your toe and how could they program the knee correctly. The Va usually does not have a problem paying for a new socket because you do shrink down and a year is a LNG time to go on your first socket.  Be sure the socket fits comfortably and if you are hitting bottom that s what you are suppose to do but with pressure evenly distributed so you do not take all the weigh on the bottom. Otherwise when they say make it tighter to hold you up that will just cause more pressure and you will eventually sink again. They need to trim the trim lines because it should not rub in the crotch. That system s the old quick and dirty fix and does not let you us your muscle.  How LNG is your residual limb? Is it off at the knee or much shorter?
Stay positive

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 01:52:44 PM »

Dave, I know it can be a hassle for the fitting process.  It took over a year when a company {which I won't name} kept messing me around.  If it doesn't fit, YOU will have a hard time of it.    :(      Hope they fix it soon.

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 10:30:30 AM »
Is the whole prosthesis to long? If so why didn't they just shorten the pylon going into foot?
What foot do you have? The PLie2 comes in a knee disartic version if you are really tight on space, but they never should have your prosthetic side longer than your sound side, you must always be catching your toe and how could they program the knee correctly. The Va usually does not have a problem paying for a new socket because you do shrink down and a year is a LNG time to go on your first socket.  Be sure the socket fits comfortably and if you are hitting bottom that s what you are suppose to do but with pressure evenly distributed so you do not take all the weigh on the bottom. Otherwise when they say make it tighter to hold you up that will just cause more pressure and you will eventually sink again. They need to trim the trim lines because it should not rub in the crotch. That system s the old quick and dirty fix and does not let you us your muscle.  How LNG is your residual limb? Is it off at the knee or much shorter?
Stay positive

1. My stump is long,  right at the knee.
2. They already have the shortest  shank they can put on. They're gonna try to make it shorter by creating a indentation at the end of the socket
3. My 'knee' is actually right about the middle of my shin  of my sound leg.
4. Yea, they're working it, and gonna trim the socket so it doesn't rub my crotch, and re-re-program the Plie again once the new one gets in. The VA has a contract with Plie and they gotta go to procurement, etc. it should be in soon.
5. I'm staying positive. as I hope someday it'll all come together.

Thanx
Dave
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:33:46 AM by DaveC »

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »
Hang in there the new knee is probably a acre mount for a knee disartic, and a good prosthetists should not need to much room for that mount with the carbon fiber socket.. What foot is on it because f the lowere section is to long that should not happen unless they are adding to much stuff, I use that word loosely.  Freedom should be able to work with the prosthetists to fix this.
Hope it works out if not let me know😊