Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4711 times)

Offline DaveC

• Live life like you were dying
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »
1. Just glad to hear you're up and around
2. A very concise review of the 3 knees.
3. I got the Plie' 2 straight outa the box, as the Gov't/VA has a contract with Plie and that's what they give ya
4. I gotta agree with ya on all counts. The battery replacement is so simple. I just put in a new one each morning.
Now, once I get a fuggin socket that fits, I'll be as happy camper.
5. But, I'm glad you're up and about.
Enjoy

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 09:58:25 PM »
You could not have said it better try before you buy and be sure rep from manufacture is do settings to no influence your decision, it is easy to make one more stable than the other by programming and we all know certain companies only like to sell one product.

Offline waqas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 08:14:02 AM »
Hi guys and apologies for such a late reply. As you all know as started trialling the legs a while back but in November 2013 my prosthetist made an application for funding to the NHS for the Orions (apparently and according to all the tests we did, she said they preformed the best which I did not agree with, I think it was a bias opinion as she works for the Orion manufacturers lol).

I was not complaining as she has been a great prosthetist  and anything would have been better then the TotalKnees. We heard back in March that funding request was denied on the following grounds:

The panel considered the case carefully and noted the following:

1.     There is currently a policy in development which will determine NHS England commissioning arrangements for prostheses, including microprocessor prostheses.  Advice from the Programme of Care Lead is that no microprocessor prostheses are currently commissioned for new patients pending this policy.

2.     The panel considered the arguments for clinical exceptionality put forward in support of this request and recognised that this patient has poor gait and mobility and that he has a need to transfer to adult knee prosthetics.  They also noted that the currently commissioned prosthetics would be the usual option for this patient.

3.     The panel considered whether there would be an identifiable cohort of patients who would also wish to use microprocessor prosthetics.  Although this patient may be unusual in having quadrilateral amputation, the panel could not know that there wouldn’t be others in similar circumstances, wishing to have microprocessor prosthetics for perhaps different but equally legitimate clinical reasons.

4.     Although this patient has had an opportunity to trial microprocessor prosthetics, with reported good effect, the panel felt that a decision to fund this patient would pre-empt the assessment of the clinical and cost effectiveness of microprocessor prosthetics currently being carried out by the Clinical Reference Group.

Regrettably, the IFR Panel did not agree that the IFR should be funded.

It was extremely heartbreaking as I was wheelchair free for the first time due to the bionic legs, but that's the way of the game I guess. Apparently the Clinical Reference Group should decide about funding soon (but soon can be imminent or next year on the NHS) and I will be at the top of the list for whatever bionic limbs they decide to fund.

In the meantime they were thinking of putting me on either the VGK or 3R80's.

I'll keep you updated.

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 11:45:21 PM »
It is ashamed you should be denied Computer knees, also Freedom makes a hydraulic ankle foot called the Kintera.  I did not like the endolite hydraulic ankle foot ( think it was the echelon)
Because as a bilateral it is always moving and was heavy, the extra weight during a full day means a lot.
I hope they change there mind and if I can be off any help msg me. You deserve what works best for you:)