Author Topic: New guy says "hi".  (Read 4975 times)

Offline DaveC

• Live life like you were dying
    • View Profile
Re: New guy says "hi".
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 02:21:38 AM »

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 03:05:22 AM »
full conversion. If I had it to do over again, I'd recommend the Frankenstein conversion kit for a Harley Product. There are lots of quality kits out there for the Honda and other models as well. As for Voyager kits, I've literally read hundreds of reviews and some are happy with the "training wheel", easy on, easy off aspect. The ride will never match a true conversion or purpose buit trike from the manufacturer. I'd wait a little longer, do your research, save a few extra dollars up and do a full conversion. There are independant suspension and solid axle trike kits of good quality. It's all the additional costs that can add up like installation and paint unless you are really handy. Some can only be dealer installed, such as Leahman, others, you buy the kit and either do it yourself or find a good wrench that you trust to do the work. Champion, Roadsmith, California Sidecar, Motortrike, even DFT if you like the rear corvette style styling. Now, I bet you wish you hadn't asked. lol Good luck Dave. First thing first. Get a good comfy permanent socket going. There's all kinds of gel and silicone liners to increase comfort for us below knee amps and there should be comfy options for AK amps as well.
pin-hi

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 03:14:28 AM »
full conversion. If I had it to do over again, I'd recommend the Frankenstein conversion kit for a Harley Product. There are lots of quality kits out there for the Honda and other models as well. As for Voyager kits, I've literally read hundreds of reviews and some are happy with the "training wheel", easy on, easy off aspect. The ride will never match a true conversion or purpose buit trike from the manufacturer. I'd wait a little longer, do your research, save a few extra dollars up and do a full conversion. There are independant suspension and solid axle trike kits of good quality. It's all the additional costs that can add up like installation and paint unless you are really handy. Some can only be dealer installed, such as Leahman, others, you buy the kit and either do it yourself or find a good wrench that you trust to do the work. Champion, Roadsmith, California Sidecar, Motortrike, even DFT if you like the rear corvette style styling. Now, I bet you wish you hadn't asked. lol Good luck Dave. First thing first. Get a good comfy permanent socket going. There's all kinds of gel and silicone liners to increase comfort for us below knee amps and there should be comfy options for AK amps as well.

OK
You convinced me
I'm gonna stay with a fully converted Goldwing trike
Don't make no sense to spend $4k on a voyager and put it on a $3k bike

But, you're right, first things first
Leg
Insurance $$$
Retire
Live life

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »
Dave, Welcome to the site!  I love the way this went from a rant (which we all do) to a motorcycle club!  LOL  It just goes to show, you just have to keep moving or you'll rust! Good luck.  It will get better you just have to have a ton of patience.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »
Dave, Welcome to the site!  I love the way this went from a rant (which we all do) to a motorcycle club!  LOL  It just goes to show, you just have to keep moving or you'll rust! Good luck.  It will get better you just have to have a ton of patience.  annieg

Annie
Yea, I get off track quite a bit
But, I'm thankful for, after almost getting killed 7 months ago, to driving from Ohio to Colorado springs, alone, to visit my kids and 4 grand kids.
Life is good

Walked all tru Walmart and Target
Something I never thought I'd be able to do only a few short (or maybe long) months ago.

Thanx again
and
Merry CHRISTmas

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »
Kook bike only in my dreams.  Also do not give up the fight to get a leg that fits, you may have to fight for it but well worth it when said and done I have a great prosthetists here in the states and if it was not for him do not know what I would do.

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 12:04:04 AM »
Kook bike only in my dreams.  Also do not give up the fight to get a leg that fits, you may have to fight for it but well worth it when said and done I have a great prosthetists here in the states and if it was not for him do not know what I would do.

I'm going to work with what I have for now, jump thru all the hoops they want me too, and then meet with the doctors that decide what I'm gonna get.  I'm still active and want a leg that lets me be active.

But, I'm working with the VA, so who knows.  I was hoping they would have the best and newest, and, maybe they do. I'll give em a chance.

Thanx again

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »
Awesome bike! 
Dave don't give up the Va is different depending where you live, I have some friends with no trouble and others with lots.  Good luck! Hang in there

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 03:22:15 PM »
Awesome bike! 
Dave don't give up the Va is different depending where you live, I have some friends with no trouble and others with lots.  Good luck! Hang in there

Dolphin
I waited to reply on purpose.
I've got my VA appointment on teh 13th.
I meet with the panel of Dr's and have been given some 'key words' to use.
Stumble recovery, and the like

The VA is slow, and I'm sure if I went with a civilian co., they would have me on a MPC, and a big claim into the ins co.
But where would I be 5 years from now?
I'll since have moved, and they won't be here.
The VA will always be here (until obama care and the national debt shuts em down)

I'll be fine

Thanx again
Dave

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 10:44:27 PM »
Keep it up, and you will do fine be sure to check out Plie2 it has faster response so the leg is always where you want it when you want it. Good luck.

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 11:42:01 AM »
That's exactly the one I told my prothesis I wanted.
They should have the new socket ready next week then he's gonna have the Plie rep fit the knee.
I'm excited about it
Thanx
Dave

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
Best of luck,
If you have any questions I can try to help.

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 06:49:35 PM »
Best of luck,
If you have any questions I can try to help.

I really appreciate that.
Thanx

Dave

Offline Dolphin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »
Any status on your new leg?

Offline DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 12:31:40 AM »
Any status on your new leg?

Go in tomorrow for the fitting of the new socket.
Then after that an appointment with the Freedom rep for programming the Plie'

So, albeit slow progress, still progress

Had to post a pic of my new scoot
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:33:47 AM by DaveC »