Author Topic: ELECTION  (Read 2974 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
ELECTION
« on: October 27, 2012, 08:52:02 AM »
 ::)   Ok Steve, what is ur take on r election.....who do u think will win.   ;)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: ELECTION
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 07:43:53 AM »
Election? What election?  :o

Just kidding. I may live out in the middle of no where but I do see some news. I haven't seen or read much about the candidates though. I know I should but living abroad for 15 years can take you out of the loop and where the election is front page news in the US, it isn't that way here.
  • going by the news about the candidates that I do get...Obama
  • going by advice from friends and famiily whom I trust...Obama
  • going by other sources (social sites etc, which I pay no heed to at all)...Obama

Neither candidate is perfect by any means. In the early days I thought would be a walk over for Obama but I think it may be relatively close. I tend to think that Obama will still take it though.

And you? (It would be brilliant for the forum if Palin was involved. The forum was jumping back then! :D )

[/list]
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »
just to let every  one know if OBAMA,
you-all have a great day.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »
Just to l et everyone know if OBAMA gets back in figure on paying for your legs and arm your self, especially if that obama care goes into effect, cuase it does away with DERABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT in medicare which pays for our legs, with in two yeaars i will be perminatly in a wheel chair cause i cannot afford to pay for them my self not at the cost they are at now days.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »
  Steve,  His butt is going down.. :-X...Agree that neither is perfect but one is a good decent man who believes in helping all people.  The other believes in BIG GOVERNMENT and telling everyone what to do.  We R a free society...we will not be if he would happen to get back in office.  He doesn't believe in freedom of the people & for the people., freedom of religion.  Does not respect our military or R flag.  He is living in a country that he hates.

BTW, I would love to see Sara Palin go after him more than she has...I still like her spirit.  OK now its UR turn.   ;)  Oh, and BTW Pegleg is very correct concerning the health policy..there R also taxes on the middle class in it even U would holler about.  Now I will shut up...UR turn

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »
  Steve,  His butt is going down..

...into the chair behind the big desk in the Oval Office.  ;)

I wouldn't be a fan of Romney. As far as helping all people, I think he pretty much rode off a good part of the population in a speech behind closed doors but that was recorded. As for Obama I don't believe at all that he doesn't believe in freedom of the people, freedom of religion, nor respect the military and flag. I have no idea where you got the notion that he hates America.

Palin does have great spirit. Besides that and looks I don't see much else.

Back to you Ann!  :)
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
I did the news about the hurricane. I feel bad for any that were caught up in it.

As for Irelands government, its late here and I might just take the easy way out and put a link that explains it all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_Ireland

And as for the Obama/Romney thing, I'd be curious if you have ever voted democrat. The reason I ask is if you haven't, you may just be a staunch republican, (as there are staunch democrats out there as well). Any one who only votes along certain party lines will see the opposing candidate in a certain light no matter what they are trying to do. Staunch supporters may get their information from completely biased news websites etc. Its one thing to not agree with certain polices but saying that he hates America, shuns the military and flag...that just sounds like right wing propaganda and I wouldn't believe it for a second.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
Did you take your posts down Ann? Now it looks like I'm talking to myself!  ;D

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:40:34 PM »
Yes I did...didn't think U really cared what we R really going through over here.  Everyone that objects to obama R not lying.  Have a great night. 

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 06:33:18 AM »
Thats not the case at all Ann. I never thought you were lying, I'm sure you believe what you wrote but I just don't believe it myself as it sounds like some of the fringe rhetoric that I hear.
Myself, I don't like Romney but I wouldn't think he hates America. Obama doesn't either, far from it. I don't doubt that he respects the military. Obama is the man sending men into battle, so he, above all others knows what they go through (I'm sure he hears things the general public never do).

Its easy, I'm sure I've done it myself, to frequent websites or TV channels/programmes that have a hidden or sometimes not so hidden agenda. During elections especially there will be loads of inflammatory, propaganda rubbish being said about both candidates. Voters need to weed through all of it and find the facts through unbiased reporting.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 11:45:47 PM »

As of right now it is 10:45 est. and we R in a real white knuckle fight...soon as everyone has it straight I will let U know.  I imagine U will probably know before me from some of your family.  I have a book on obama I don't think U would like either -I know I sure don't..,  it tells some of the findings I have tried to tell U about.  Got to get back to the TV....do not want to miss any of this.   ;)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 09:18:44 AM »
It seemed very close when I went to bed last night around 2am. I had been watching the results on CNN. I thought that Romney just might take it! When I woke up this morning the result was on the radio. I hope you're not too upset at the result. I will admit that Romney did seem like a decent man. Myself, I believe in Obama and hopefully he can change your mind about him in the following years!

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
I hope UR right, as of right now, I think we're in for 4 more years of the same 'ol shit.  If it isn't compltely his way, he will veto it or have Harry Reed not bring it up  for a vote.  They haven't even gotten everything counted in Florida yet & seems to be some screwy things that happened in the Cleveland area.  This {BTW} has not come from Gov. Romney or his people.

Sleep tight!   ;)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 06:25:26 PM »
i am willing go give him the benifit of doubt, but if he pulls the same thing that he did in 2008, i dont want him and that  was trying to  make our boys coming back from the wars, that were injuried pay for thier health care, that really put me agianst him and fast, cause i gave our country 9 rpt 9 years in the US NAVY and was proud of it, now we are having to fight like cats and dogs to get medical coverage and we are VIETNAM VETS, and we are still fighting to get things done that need to be done.

Dont know yet and am looking into it today, possibly getting the RESETTA STONE PROGRAM for spanish and learning it and then possibly selling out and heading south to live, it is a lot cheaper to live down there and they have just as good of doctors therre as we have up here and my wifes familly has 2 docs now. dont like what i have read in that OBAMA CARE BILL that he signed into law, cause in 2014 it does away with DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT  in MEDICARE, and that is what  pays for my legs when i need them and i will and it looks like i will need a new pair around that time.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »
PegLeg, how far south R we talking....U live in Texas now, don't U.  I am very sad @ the present time about what the minorities & illegals have done to the middle class.  I don't care who comes in R country from mexico, cuba,etc. but by heck make them do it legally., and Yes there R alot of people out of work at the present time that need help but for heavens sake the middle class can not keep everyone in food stamps and welfare checks. I am afraid they have put everyone in a heck of a mess.  Gov. Romney would have had
jobs started,  joined the pipeline and at least given people a chance.

U can not spend like we have been doing without getting one heck of a tax increase..this will devastate the middle class..I imagine U have seen all the tax increases in the health care bill.  Oh well, just hope he does more than run around & smile and take trips out of the country.