OPINIONS REGARDING PROSTHETICS > In my opinion

NEW LEG !!!!!

(1/4) > >>

ann:
Question,  I just received my new leg and it fit perfectly ( even length ) was perfect.  Now since it has been cosmetically covered it is too long & when I have to add socks it just makes it terrible  ???

How about some info on this.  Thanks.

pegleg jack:
Ann, tell your CPO the same thing , it sounds like something was move when they put the cover on instead of trimming it to fit the leg, when they covered a piar for me, the cover had to be trimed quit a bit to fit,

ann:

--- Quote from: pegleg jack on April 04, 2008, 04:55:24 PM ---Ann, tell your CPO the same thing , it sounds like something was move when they put the cover on instead of trimming it to fit the leg, when they covered a piar for me, the cover had to be trimed quit a bit to fit,

--- End quote ---

"PegLeg"  and when I tell them, they will swear that they never changed anything...they have done things like this before.

I thought maybe they should have have allowed for adding the cover..I will give it a try, but know what he will tell me.

King Rocky:
I have always used a Cosmetic covering for just about 2 years now.  And this is my second knee joint.  The first one was 3R60 and now it's the 3R80 - i got the new one basically for the stance support.
These 2 joints are slightly different ... so the same cosmetic covering didn't fit.  I had to get a new one done.
What I did realize though, even on the first one, was that if one needs a cosmetic covering, then the socket needs to be adjusted in a such a way, that it allows that extra bit of foam to compensate for the length, so it matches the good leg.
A good prosthetist would do that naturally - I mean, the ones with experience would be able to do that.
Since they do the adjustments prior to the covering, most of the time it's forgotten and people just go on with it.
I'm quite particular about it, so a few adjustments were made.

If I were to remove the cosmetic covering and when I sit, surely the prosthetic leg, would feel a bit inside ... but I don't have any intentions to remove my covering ... so it's not an issue.

The height below the knee can be adjusted, so it doesn't compromise with the overall length of the prosthesis.

Ann, you are an above knee, I presume!
I'm not sure how different it could be with below knee.

ann:
"King Rocky"

Sorry I missed seeing your post...no, I am LBK amp. & since I had it covered; it definately feels longer than it was.  I have to assume they have added on the bottom of my foot.  I can see no other reason for the difference in length.

;)
ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version