Author Topic: Anniversary  (Read 849 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Anniversary
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:48:55 AM »
Today at 2:15pm will be the 12 year anniversary of the accident. (Short version: My leg was crushed while mooring a ferry boat. I kept the leg for 2 weeks)

I can remember at my one year anniversary. I was in the pub with my (then) girlfriend and a few mates. A amputee friend of mine from Germany happened to be in the pub too and came over to ask what the occasion was as we were having a brilliant time. I told him. He looked at me weird and said 'And you celebrate?' He went on to say that on his anniversary he is in a foul mood and is in no mood to even be with people. I said that for me it was one year further away from that day I was hurt.

Tonight I might just head into Galway for a bit of music. Ceol agus Craic! (Irish for 'music and fun!')
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline uScott

• View Profile
Re: Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 02:08:36 PM »
How about that, my 10-year was two days ago. It completely slipped my mind. Time flies when you're having fun!

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 06:39:48 PM »
15th this week. It slips my mind until something reminds me.   Seems like a bad month for amputees! LOL  Like you I celebrate what I can do not what I can't do.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »
MINE goes by without any fanfare...but rest assured I will never forget the 6th. of January 2001.  I do remember the Dr. who told me it was a different disease & sent me home while my foot was dying.....should have sued that A$$.

Shuting down now & going in to watch  a race w/hubby...lots more fun than remembering the terrible things that happen in r lives.    ;)