Author Topic: Eshhhhh!  (Read 1394 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
Eshhhhh!
« on: July 04, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »
 :o  Well  guys & guys, what a week....had bad wind storm last Friday.  Took out all utilities around east coast including southern ohio & surrounding areas.  I know, I know u can live very nicely w/o electric, but this gal isn't a camper, carry water, lookin' for A/C type gal.  There I've told u what a wussy{is there such a word} I am.  Well, we got r electric late yesterday., and golly gee was I glad. It's been running 102 to high 90's every day.

And yes I feel so bad for all those that have lost their homes due to the storms and fires out west.  I am so glad where we r still free....hope everyone has a good & safe 4th of July.  Not many fireworks this year due to the dry spots all over.   ;) ;) ;)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Eshhhhh!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
know whaat you mean, about losing your power, then on your other paragragh, i feel for those that lost there homes BUT I DONT FEEL SORRY, if you look close you can see where they let the trees and bushes grow right up close to the house and that made it a fire trap. if they was to keep it cleared around there home they might not have lost a many, this i know for a fact cause i was raised in the northeaster part of wyoming and i know first hand just what a forest fire can do, we lost our bussines cause of one.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 06:33:02 AM »
Sorry to hear of your utility woes. We tend to lose power where I live fairly regularly with the winter storms and such. I always keep a pile of candles about the place. It made me laugh the last time it went. I had been watching TV when the power cut out. I thought 'Fine, I'll just check my email...no wait, I can't. No power. I'll just flick on a lamp and read so. No wait...'
I ended up reading my firelight. I felt like Abe Lincoln.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
Steve. I take it you don't own a generator either.  Well, we do now!!!  Went to town to look for one after calling a 200 mile radis..no luck...so decided if we might just get lucky & find one.  We did & pulled into the driveway...YEP...it wasn't more than an hour.  The electric fairy appeared...power! whopeee; do not care, the generator stays @ ann's house.

Thought you would enjoy that funny tidbit on me.   ;) ;)

Offline stinker373

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about the fires and stuff going on down there.  :(

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »
Ann,  you do realize that people should be thanking you for buying a generator because that's the reason the power came back so soon!  LOL  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 04:13:19 PM »

You know what Annieg, I don't care...just glad its on;  but now know {not if but when} it happens again, and it will, I can assure you....I'm ready.  Sure hated loosing all the items in the freezer.  Our own fault, we should have done it the last time this happend last year, but since it was only for 2 1/2 days we didn't loose everything.

PS:  the good thing is I HAVE A VERY CLEAN FRIDGE & FREEZER!!

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »
Ann, Better safe then sorry.  Nothing like a power outage to make you clean out your fridge & freezer  Hope all is well.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.