Author Topic: New AK Set-up  (Read 844 times)

Offline Jersey1132

• View Profile
    • Facebook
New AK Set-up
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
A few years ago I made the plunge into microprocessor knees and after a bunch of tests, decided on the C-Leg. The Rheo was a close close second. I've been on a Rheo + Proprio setup for the last few days testing, and they have improved a whole lot IMO. So. I pulled the trigger and work on it starts this Thursday. Sticking with the old reliable suction socket...I've lost about 35 pounds since the start of the year so this one is basically falling off...he's added padding to tighten things up, so I can live with it a few more weeks until the new one is ready.

Even 5 years ago (or whenever it was) I actually liked the walking better on the Rheo, but other factors steered me to the C-Leg. The walking IMO has even improved now, and the addition of the Proprio makes it a no-brainer for me. Up and down pretty significant slopes was effortless (yes, even more effortless than the C-Leg, which says alot). Hopefully I learn to love the tiny little charging hole I have to deal with, and I'll see if I actually consistently turn the foot off at night (the rep said it's recommended, but I'm pretty lazy by nature when it comes to that stuff).

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: New AK Set-up
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 06:54:31 AM »
Good to hear that things are working out for you and your prosthetic. I haven't a notion about knees (I'm a BKA) but I can imagine that needing to choose the right knee can at least double the complicity of having a leg made!
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
Re: New AK Set-up
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »
I hear that there may be some new microprocessor components released soon..... don't know much more than that yet but it looks exciting!