Author Topic: sockets and o.p.  (Read 2667 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: sockets and o.p.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »

Steve, your socket is similar to mine, only I have a soft pliable white plastic inside my hard socket.   The fitting of my new leg is definitely not going very well.  I just feel I would feel better if I started screaming at the top of my lungs.  I have a liner & then a sock with a silicone ring just below the knee cap.  It is so tight that it makes my leg numb & I do not want that....I tried to tell my legman it needed to be just a tad larger.

Well, I had to go back on my old leg and {YEP}  have another sore as I am bottoming out.   eeeek.  :o   just what I wanted.   

If ur Momma is alive be sure to tell her U love her......Mothers day. ;)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »
Screaming may help, but maybe after you get home. I find being calm but strong works best with people. Do your best Clint Eastwood impersonation and see how it goes.
I'm not sure what the sock with the ring is. I wear a 6mm liner and 2-3 cotton socks. I did have a small pad glued to to the soft socket liner under the knee cap. If yours is causing your leg to become numb thats not right at all and it needs to be fixed. Definitely.

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »

Have an appt. this coming Friday.