Author Topic: Need hints for used and homemade parts :(  (Read 922 times)

Offline SusanN366

• View Profile
Need hints for used and homemade parts :(
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
Greetings, Amp Center friends. I'm so pleased that I rediscovered the link and password for this site. It's great to see the new format, and so many familiar names.

I never thought it would happen, but I've lost my insurance and am not eligible for any financial help to keep my aging and ill-fitting but functional AK prosthesis going (pin/lock/liner system). My immediate problems are my raggedy Otto Bock liners that are separating at the edges, and my stump socks that are all but dissolved after 40 years of washings.  Are there any suggestions for a temporary fix to mend the liner edges, or a way to make handmade stump socks?  Are E-bay and Amazon reliable places to buy gently used or new supplies? 

I am really, really hoping to have new insurance by the end of the year so I can get back to a CP and get my leg back in the hands of a professional (pardon the pun :).  In the meantime, I'm literally falling apart. Help! 
SusanN
Right AKA, 1972

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: Need hints for used and homemade parts :(
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:04:07 PM »

SusanN366 -  I do know they sell used items on ebay but haven't a clue how good they r.  I would imagine they would have a picture of item.    :)

Offline stinker373

• View Profile
Re: Need hints for used and homemade parts :(
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
Wow! that is rather interesting :)  Are u in the states?  Lets see if we can make a deal hehehe