Author Topic: Double amputee dream  (Read 1430 times)

Offline JClark

• View Profile
Double amputee dream
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:27:07 AM »
Here's a funny dream.... 

A few months back I had a dream that I woke up, looked at all the prosthetics next to the bed and basically tossed them all away from me.  I stood up (on two real legs) and began walking to the bathroom.  The toes on my left foot vanished.  When I took the next step, the toes on the right foot vanished.  Then the left foot vanished, then the right.  Then I was walking on my tibias as though I were a double symes.  Then I was walking on double bk stumps and fell over.  (remember this was ALL a dream)

It was the morning of one of my appointments with my phsyiatrist and prosthetist, so just for fun, I told them about this dream.  The phsyiatrist said that at some point, every double amputee he has talked to has had a dream almost exactly like this one.  (this was 18 months or so after losing the second leg)

Have any other double amputees had a dream like this one?

And in most of my dreams, I walk or run, but don't know if it's real legs or prosthetics that I'm walking and running on.
North-East Pennsylvania
+Left foot------------+Right foot---------------+
|Accident 8/31/2002 |ankle fusion 1/8/2008  |
|Amp 7/11/2003      | RBK (Ertl)    4/7/2010 |
|Ertl June 2005        |                                  |
+---------------------+-------------------------+

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Double amputee dream
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:58:33 AM »
Thats a mad dream! I can't remember any leg related dreams but then I could have easily forgotten it.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »
Weird dream but you can sure interpet it!   I'm always walking in my dreams but I don't limp so I think I still have 2 good legs in my dreams!  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »
JClark, i am a bilatertal bka and no i havent had that kind of a dream and it has been almost 9 years since i lost both of them in the same month.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
not exactly, JClark.  Am a bilateral also (many years) .... I have had some odd dreams over the years regards my legs though.  In my usual dreams I usually have my own two legs, I walk, run, etc. etc., just like you normally would, now and again though I get dreams that kind of highlight the prostheses or me not walking ... usually if I get that kind of dream, I pretty much know that within the week I will be having some sort of problem with one of the legs, or not walking for some reason ...  it's pretty reliable! maybe my subconscious realizes things are not right before my conscious brain does!