Author Topic: portable left foot pedal  (Read 1722 times)

Offline anne f.

• View Profile
portable left foot pedal
« on: February 11, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »
I would love to get a portable left foot pedal for when I use a rental car, at the moment I use a fixed left foot pedal and I love it, can't imagine attempting to drive without it.
I have located a website and am about to order but thought I might ask here to see if anyone has experience with this pedal.  I have been quoted a price of 399.00 plus 59.60 for shipping to Canada.

Here is the link to the website, love to hear any thoughts on this product before I order, thanks

http://www.plfa.org/

anne

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: portable left foot pedal
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
This sounds like a great idea. I've never used one myself but I bet its lovely. Let us know how you get on.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
ANNE F. cant help you on this one for i use hand controls.
you-all have a great day.

Offline anne f.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 11:07:26 PM »
Jack, I tried renting a car with hand controls  :o Holy Mackerel! It was a disaster, in fact I didn't make it out of the parking lot.  I had to park the car and return the keys. Driving with hand controls is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be and the city I was in could have rivaled San Francisco for the amount of steep hills it had and I would have caused an accident for sure.

anne f.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:40:55 PM »
Anne,  I also use a left foot pedal.  Mine snaps out to make it easier for my husband to drive it.  I also would like to drive other cars, husband's, rental, etc.  I went to the webside.  It sure looks interesting.   I don't know anyone who has tried it but I'd love to know about it if you decide to try it.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline anne f.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »
Well, I'm going to give it a go, I'll order it tomorrow and let you all know how it works.  The first vehicle that I am going to try it on is hubbys giant Dodge Ram 3500 dually truck that I have never  had a chance to drive  :o and then if all goes well I am going to scare the heck of my hubby by telling him to put the pedal in his pride and joy, his Shelby Mustang Convertible, of course he'll have a heart attack  ;D until he realizes that I am bluffing because the pedal only works in vehicles with automatic transmissions!

albi

Offline stinker373

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 10:41:13 PM »
:I would be interested to seeing closer pics of this.  I also use a handcontrol.

Offline anne f.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »
I ordered it and it is on its way, will take some more detailed pics when it gets here, all though not really sure how to post pics on this site.

albi