Author Topic: Liner Dryer  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
Liner Dryer
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »
I purchased a liner dryer from an ad that I saw in an ACA magazine last year.  I love it and I would like to purchase another but I don't have the invoice or any old ACA magazines. 

If anyone has any ACA magazines from last year, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would find the ad and provide me with a website address or a phone number.  Thank you in advance.   :)

Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Liner Dryer
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »
Mlitchee, was it in the IN-MOTION mag, if so i should have it will  take a look and see if i can find it for you, this way may be faster contact the ACA and ask them they should be able to put on to the manufacture. Also contact your CPO, they may be able to tell how and where to go,

Have made a couple of them my self and this is what i used:

2 ea= 1" dowel 18" long
2 ea= cut round of 3/4 pine in a 4 inch circle

drill a 1 inch hole in center of the pine and glue the dowel and the paint with a good oil base paint, i painted mine white.
Almost forgot to tell you to round off the top of one end of the dowel.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:09:32 PM »
Hi PLJ.  Thanks for the info on how to make one.

The ad was in InMotion magazine.  ...It is a metal stand.  I love it and I would like to have another one.

Thanks!

-Lao Tzu

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:16:58 PM »
Please.... If anyone has any old ACA InMotion magazines from 2007, I would greatly appreciate if you would take the time to leaf through the magazine to try and find the ad that I am looking for.

The ad is for a metal liner dryer stand and I think that it may have been manufactured in New Jersey (or somewhere out east).  I am looking for a web address and/or a phone number so that I may contact the company.

I sent an email to the ACA and I have not heard back from them.  (I am hoping that they haven't had time to reply to my request yet and that I will hear from them.) 

I would really like to purchase another one rather than make one.

Thanks!!!!    :)

-Lao Tzu

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »
Mitchee, could you narrow it done some for me, i have all of 2007 mags and that is a lot of reading, and could you discribe them for me some what. i have a set of blue plastic ones made by www.owwco.com my CPO gave them to me when i had my first pair of leg made, and i still have them and use them.

Thanks, i will continue to look through the 2007 mags and see if i can find it for you.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 01:26:20 PM »
Thanks PegLeg Jack for finding the ad in an old ACA InMotion magazine!!!    ;D

In case anyone is interested...
The liner dryer stands are $14.99 + S & H.   
To order, call 1-866-695-1100

Thanks again PLJ!!!    :)

-Lao Tzu

Offline naseigfried

• Me on the right with Theron, my great legman. RIP
    • View Profile
    • My MySpace page
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 08:35:32 AM »
I made a very sturdy, practically indestructible liner dryer from PVC parts. Inexpensive and very easy to use and clean.
LBK since April 2004

Offline pyourke

• BAK - Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »
I tried seal-in liners and found that I twisted too much at the tops of the sockets and ended up with huge red welts around the tops of my stumps where the liners ended. Being bilateral, I like the additional stability and security of silesian belts, in addition to the suction, so was unable to roll the liners over the tops of the sockets. But while I tested them, I needed some way to dry them as well. A very simple solution was to sit them in round plastic cereal sized bowls and let them sit upright overnight. Worked like a charm.

But if I had kept wearing them, being an old retailer, I was going to go to a store fixturing shop and buy a couple of hat stands, (metal base, adjustable steel rod and curved top, round wooden top), although they would have likely cost more than the dryers mentioned here although I expect that the fixture shop would have given them to me no charge. You might find them at second hand fixture stores cheap.

Peter
BAK since '74

snowbear

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »
I usually get a stand with  my liners.  its very good and dose not require any effort or take up space.