Author Topic: A angry leg  (Read 8105 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A angry leg
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 05:35:10 PM »
i must be a werdo cause i wear ALPHA MAX 9MM and i get from three to five years wear out of them  and i am a very activer person, were mine go is right in front just where your tibula sticks out on me any way, and then the material gives up and i start sucking air and know when i  need new ones cause of  the air bubbles coming up the inside of my liners, and yes fit is the one and foremost item per your leg it must fit right or you will have trouble walking, i have gone through four test sockets per leg before they got my last set that fit to my standards and i can tell you that my standards a very high when i comes to fit, especially being a bilaterial bka, and here lately i have been having some problems cause of wieght fluckuations up five to ten and then down the same amount a couple of weeks later, so i just keep me a roll of 200 mile and hour tape handy and take out and add when needed, and the way they feel to night i need to add some tape to the left one around the lower end of the socket, feels  like there is GRAND CANYON down there aand needs to be filled in some, will see tommarrow how it feels, right now i dont have any socks on at all just my 9mm liners, and both are tight where it should be and i am walking and standing fairly good and can stay up for longer period of times than before. will close for i have ranted on long enough for this go around.
you-all have a great day.

Offline stinker373

• View Profile
Re: A angry leg
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 10:33:51 PM »
I have been reading all this info and its great to see.  Its very necessary to post how we do repairs on our limbs and hopefully pics to go with the rapairs would help others greatfully.  Not everyone can afford repairs by the proth guys because of expence.  David you certainly have the right idea, keep the info comming.  :)