Author Topic: road trip coming up  (Read 1511 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
road trip coming up
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:24:20 PM »
Just to  let every one know i will be gone from the 28 june until somewhere around the 15 of July, am going to my 50th class reunion up in BELLE FOURCHE, southdakota and then over to LANDER WYO, FROM there to LAS VEGAS for a couple of days and then on down to FONTANA, CALIF, and see the rest of the family and friends, then to SAN DIEGO, CALIF, to see more familey and friends we have there and then from there on home i hope.  tHEN we just get rested up and we are off to BRANSON MO, for a big LABORDAY party and then i hope that is the last of the driving and travelling for this year.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: road trip coming up
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 05:42:33 AM »
Good luck on your trip Jack. I was raised in Colorado and have spent time in South Dakota and Wyoming. Nice spots.

I graduated high school in 1980 and have never been to a reunion. Most of the reason is that I always lived so far away but also I think I would only remember about 3-4 people (and thats if everyone from the class went). Might still be fun though. Maybe I'll try and make the 25th anniversary.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 10:18:04 AM »

Steve, you just might have missed out on some-one you would like to be around  now....people change.   ;)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:18:34 PM »
well folks i is back, after 4500 miles, had a blast at my reunion, got to see some people i hadnot seen for 51 years, and found out that our class was to  only triple crown winner in the history of the school. they took football, basketball and track that year, missed it all, but that was my fault, got my sell in trouble and had to join the service, but graduated GED, and the commanding officer sent it to  the dept of schools in SOUTH DAKOTA and they sent it to BELLE FOURDHE and stated that i be included in the class of 1961, we also have the distention that now matter how you turn the year date it still reads 1961, after the reuinion we went into WYO and visted friends and relatives and then on to  LAS VEGAS for some more friends and relatives then on down to FONTANA CA. to see my daughter and my grandson and great grand dau's  one that we had not seen yet. spent about a week in that area and then on down to SAN DIEGO for some more friends and family. them headed east through YUMA made stop there for some more friends and then we headed home.  the most that i drove at any one time was 632 mile in one day and that  was acrossed TEXAS.  And now have to get rested up cause we are leaving on the 31 of august and headed for a big party in BRANSON MO. over LABOR DAY WEEKEND. And will be gone the 1,2,3,4,5,6

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
Pegleg, do you ever stay put?  You seem to be on the go all the time.  Glad you had a good time.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 05:17:06 PM »
Annieg, i lool at it this way, you only have one life to live and why not live it to the fullest, and even though i am a bilaterial bka, i can still drive and go see place that i didnot get a chance to see when i was younger and had me legs, our house is payed for and the property taxes anit all that bad and dont make enough to trigger paying income taxes and texas dosenot have a state income tax, just sales tax of over 8 per cent, but we get along okay and have enought to do some travelling, starting to get some of the bills on the last trip and they are not as bad as i thought they would be, cost of gas for the car was way down out in CALIF, NEVADA, UTAH, ARIZONA AND NEW MEXICO, and i over budgeted for it, so we are gonna have some left over to pay off the motel bills, had fun though, got one state left to go to and that is ALASKA, havent been there as of yet and want to before i get to old to make it, am trying to get our two daughters to come up with it, in the next two year when we celebrate our 50 wedding anniveristy coming up in 2013. If not i will find some way to pay for a cruise to there for the two of us.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:38:33 PM »
Pegleg, Like your attitude.  Start planning your trip to Alaska now because I know you'll be going in 2013!  Glad you had a good trip. annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »

'PegLeg" the amputee coalition of america is planing a cruise December 3rd to 7th. 2012.  Believe those are the correct dates.  U might want to check out info with Debra Stein Briscoe Kerper  1(800)920-8989....she is heading this one up...mostly amputees & spouses...I think alot of them got this started @ the amputee convention this year.  I think U would probably have a blast!!!   :)