Author Topic: getting a passport  (Read 1790 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
getting a passport
« on: April 25, 2011, 06:12:11 PM »
this is in the federal registry as i am typing it out, real soon in order to get a pass port you will need to list all of your empolers from the first job you ever had and the supervisor and name of company and telephone nr, heck i am 67 years old just how in the h--- do they expect me to remember everone that i have worked in the last 52 years, this is coming from the people that our president has working for him. HEAVEN HELP US IF HE GETS RE-ELECTED.
you-all have a great day.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
Re: getting a passport
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »

Hi jack

State department employees are civil servants and not political employees. Do you have a link to the changes you mentioned. I need to get a passport for my youngest son next month and hope it will not be too difficult. Hopefully changes would not affect me as I already have my passport.
Herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:12:15 PM »
all i have is that it is in the FEDERAL REGISTER, and you should be abe to find it there, it was sent to me by a third party and no link attached.
you-all have a great day.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 07:32:19 AM »
Hi Jack
I was able to find some proposed changes in passport requirements. The are only proposed, not enacted. The changes only apply to people who want a passport but do not have a birth certificate to prove that they were born here. There are a lot of new questions to be answered about birth hospital, baptism, medical care, schools attended, they even want to know if the applicant has been circumcised.
Herb

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »

What has being circumcised have to do with getting a passport... :o

Offline uScott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »

What has being circumcised have to do with getting a passport... :o

It is an...identifying mark...ever seen Mel Brooks' History Of The World, Part I? There's a scene where Gregory Hines' character is identified as a gentile by... :o  Well, just rent the movie.

ANYWAY, this passport requirement proposal (and it is only a proposal at this time) is for applicants who submit citizenship or identification evidence that is "insufficient or of questionable authenticity". Now I don't disagree that a person ought to provide reasonable evidence of identity in order to obtain an official identification document (duh), but I can see where this particular proposal isn't very well regimented and has a lot of potential for abuse.

Someone around here should be amused that this proposal would, if enacted, prevent the current US President from obtaining a passport without providing the extensive additional information -- or a proper Hawaiian birth certificate! Oh, it is to LOL, but seriously this thread should be moved to Recreation & Entertainment.

There is an article on rawstory.com (clicky), the article itself may not be entirely objective but it does contain source references for further study.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 07:03:20 PM »
^^^^Duh, that post was supposed to go in Automatic/Manual poll thread.^^^^ I guess it says "newbie" next to my name for a reason.  :D
Thanks! 
_