Author Topic: Check In,  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
Check In,
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:36:29 AM »
 :o
friends,
I am Joe A. I am alive and well. Recent surgery has cost me some fingers due to the diabetes. Please take a moment to log in and tell us you are well lest we fear the worst.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
Re: Check In,
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:24:30 PM »
Hi Joe - glad to hear you are alright. Sorry to hear about your fingers. Hope you still are functioning alright after the loss. Up to a point it seems we can always adapt to loss. I just recently tore a rotator cuff and am facing surgery again. Snow is melting fast here, but we still have lots of ice. Be well, Herb

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:23:39 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your recent surgeries but its real good to hear from you Joe. Besides all that I hope you're well.
Things here are the same. But the trees now have buds and that means that summer is on the way. That always make things seem brighter. (now if we can just get some sun I'll be happy)
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »
Joe, so glad to hear from you again....will have to say, I was very worried about you.   Maybe you could get one of those programs that type what you  say.  At least you could talk to us.  Hope after surgery you are healing quickly.     :)  ann         

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »
Joe,  So glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.  I can actually see grass ( not green).  The snow has melted and spring is on the way!  Tomorrow is a big day around here, St. Patrick's Day.  As long as I can remember the weather on that day has been rotten.  Hope you are all well and ready to come out of hibernation.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 12:05:05 AM »
So glad to see your post today Joe! I've been riding that Harley trike all winter and my golf game has suffered because of it!

Sorry to hear about your fingers. If anyone can cope with what life throws at them, you can.

I trust your daughter that was fighting cancer is doing well.

David in Canada.
pin-hi

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 05:53:43 PM »
REmember that St. Patricks day is there to remind all good men of consionce to write a nasty e-m,ail to english telling them to get out of Ireland. Losing a few fingers is really a pain. It was 4easier to give up a leg . Pardonn the spelling.

Thus far myu dauighters cancer is completely gone. Thank you for asking. I still pray for her and your Mrs. No I haven't forgotten. There are worse things to lose some pin tine that to be our riding. Just remember what I told you about high speed turns
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 08:34:31 AM »
St Patricks day here is Ireland is a brilliant day for getting out with the family or meeting with friends for a drink. I caught the parade in Galway and that evening took some family to the pub.

I didn't write an email to England but a few days later Ireland played England in the 'Six Nations Championship' in rugby which I watched. England were in fine form during the competition and had beaten all the nations involved so far. The only nation in Englands way to win the 'Grand Slam' for England was Ireland. They were scheduled to play us last. 
We pretty much hammered them. Happy St Patricks Day lads.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline anne f.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 12:07:14 AM »
Hi Joe, I didn't see this post, don't know how I missed it but was relieved to see that you had checked in.  Sorry to hear about your fingers, that darn diabetes is insidious isn't it.   I have been managing to keep my sugars under control (barely) I evidently have a hard head and learning that I cannot cheat and sneak any sweets is a hard lesson to learn but realization has finally sunk in to my thick head >:(
Have you had any chance to go camping at all?  We still have our 5th wheel, although we don't tow it (price of gas is too high) but we have it set up on a seasonal lot at a nice campground.  The ice has just melted off the lake (6 weeks behind schedule - it has been a rotten winter here in Alberta) so we go out this weekend to de-winterize.  I took a fall in the trailer last year, getting up to go to the washroom early in the morning and absentmindedly stepping into the socket to try and engage the pin and walked right out of the socket, trouble is in a trailer the space is limited, crashed into the wall as I went down, most likely the whole campground heard me go down  ;D woke me up in a hurry, that won't happen again!

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »

Joe, dag-gone it, I also missed your last post.  Did you spend the winter in PA ?  Have you made it to Hawaii lately?  Sorry about the diabetes...it stinks doesn't it.  Do you have your blood sugars in control now.  I hope so.  I take it you do not want the english messing with Ireland.  Getting ready to watch a truck nascar race tonight.  Hubby just finished mowing...finally stopped raining long enough.  Now when the vegies start to grow, we won't get ANY rain.  Isn't that the way.  Have a good week-end and keep posting.  We don't care how you spell words.      :)   ann

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
Re: Check In, ( Part 2)
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:21 PM »
So....
I have lost 3 fingers on the left hand and half an index finger from the right. This time I decided to retire completely. So I paid off my creditors, collected from my debtors and did what most people do. I bought a Motorhome with the intentions of driving all over the world. It was early spring then and we went up the mountain (in Pa.) to see the baby bears. I had gone inside And was undressing to take a shower when I noticed this awful odor. I looked at the dog and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "Wuzznt Me". He's never lied to me so I continued and realized the foul odor was coming from my leg.

We came down from the mountain and I went straight to the hospital. What followed was 3 surgeries 2 "Proceedures", A heart attach, from the blood disorder and Stroke also another blessing from the blood disorder. I was back and forth to the hospital many times. So to catch you all up may I start by saying HELLO Aloha Howzit With big big hugs to all my Cyber Ohana. I love you and miss you all so very much. Remember to say these things to one and other because you never know when the angel comes for you.

I am sorry to say that my daughters young life will soon be over. She is in Hospice care. I thought my prayers to trade my life for hers were answered when so many problems befell me but no. Gods answer was no. It's casual you know. God is still God. The Christmas table was one child short as a viviting Nun gave us grace. Had the Stroke not reduced me to a babaling idiot, I would have sceamed out loud. But no, I thank God for all my blessings.

Oh and I do use Speak and spell but I thought it would be more better to type and use just one finger than to give in to yet another amputation so please forgive me if i miss a corection. Having a stroke is a whole new adventure I know things I had long ago forgotten and forget things I should know very well. More blessings.

I am unable to wear my leg do to further amputations. I spend all of my time in constant prayer but I would like to keep in touch with you all. May God bless and keep you all

Malama Pono e' komo mai,

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »
Hi Joe
We hadn't heard from you for so long I beginning to fear the worst. Sorry to hear of all your medical difficulties. Sounds like they have been very serious but you sound like you are better. Hope you can be fitted for a new prosthesis soon. Sounds like you are still in good humor. We will pray for your daughter and wish her comfort.
Hau`oli Makahiki Hou
Herb

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »
Good to hear from you but I do wish your news was better. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters trials and of your own. I'll be thinking of you both.
Enjoy your motor home odysseys. The open road and freedom. You deserve some good times my friend. If you have time let us in on your adventures.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
Joe,  So glad you checked in!  People ask for you often.  I'm sorry to hear about yout recent illnesses.  We all wish you better health in the new year.  Keep in touch.  We miss you when we don't hear from you.  I'm sorry about your daughter.  There will be a new angel watching out for you.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 10:00:52 AM »

Hang in there Joe;  I am praying for your daughter & you....I know your faith is strong and between the two of us {just maybe} we will receive a miracle.  Keep us up to date on the situation.     ann