GENERAL CATEGORY > General Discussion

FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR/WEBMASTER PLEASE READ. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AND OPINIONS

(1/2) > >>

DeZiner:
Good evening to all,
I have updated the existing forum to the latest security update. I will be implementing a new version of this forum in the next couple days. This original forum will stay in place but will be redirected to the new forum which will contain ALL your existing posts. The new forum will be on a trail basis.

Thank you
DeZiner
Gary

uScott:
The question I usually ask, when someone is talking about changing something that seems to be working just fine, is "what are you trying to improve?"

DeZiner:
Good Question. There are 2 reasons for upgrading.

1 - Security. I don't know if you are aware that this forum was hacked pretty bad last year and I had to manually rebuild the database to salvage what I could. I don't like having to fix problems that can be avoided.

2 - Within 12 to 15 months this version 1.1 12 will be retired and the 2.0 version will be the only version that is maintained by the developers. Those of you who have been in the forum since the beginning know that everything was lost when I took over and had no choice but to start from scratch because the previous forum had never been updated, and then the developers abandoned the framework.

I hope this answers your question of why I am doing this. If anyone else has questions please ask and I will answer to the best of my ability.

DeZiner
Gary

pegleg jack:
If this will help use from not being HACKED like last year go for it.

annieg:
Thanks for all you do to keep this site going!  annieg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version