Author Topic: Rebublicans Take control of house!  (Read 6608 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
Re: Rebublicans Take control of house!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:28 AM »
Hi Dick,  I am very proud of the way the people have started standing up against the 'out of line' spending that's been going on.  And you know what....they still don't get it.  You can not ram something down the throats of the common people.  They have been in Washington too long to really know how the rest of the people live.  Tell me honestly....are you living easier than ever before.   :)

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 04:37:39 AM »
Ann:

As I see it BOTH major parties are equally adept at over-spending and running up the National Debt.  Example, look at the debt levels at the beginning and end of Bush's years - we're deeper in debt than at any time in history.  And ..... it may be that the Obamqa Administration may do likewise.

The big difference is WHAT the parties are willing to over-spend on.  The Democrats would spend on human-service programs, health, education, wlefare, social security, and the like.  The Republicans would cut all such programs, and spend more and more on starting wars and generous hand-outs to the super-rich privileged few.

I think the Big Bail-Out (started by Bush and continued by Obama)  missed the mark.  Instead of giving countless billions to the already-wealthy bankers so they could hoard it, I would have divvied up the billions and given a few thousand - equally divided - to every tax-payer in America.  Each could decide whether to spend more and boost the economy, or to pay off some serious personal debt, or to save and invest -- each according to their circumstances.  To the lower and middle income folks that would be a real boost in the arm.  To the very wealthy, it would be a nice little treat.

So......I'd like to see some serious fiscal responsibility and conservatism,  but I don't see either major party willing to head that way.  Needless to say, if you and I ran our family finances the way the Federal Govt runs theirs, we'd be in deep trouble.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 03:33:01 PM »
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:01:24 PM by Genki_rockets »

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of that Genki. Are you being sarcastic or are you suggesting abandoning the elderly or some sort of Soylent Green scenario?
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 04:42:53 PM »
Genki, i agree with STEVE on this one. what you are saying is for the goverment to do away with social security and put all of us seniors out on the streets to beg and start stealling to stay alive. Hey i worked for over 40 plus years and payed into the social security fund and had to sit and watch the idiots in washington robb the fund to pay for other stuff that wasnt really needed. And the last time i checked it out there is something like over 2 trillion in IOU'S in the trust fund right now that needs to be payed back.
you-all have a great day.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of that Genki. Are you being sarcastic or are you suggesting abandoning the elderly or some sort of Soylent Green scenario?

Yes Steve he's being very sarcastic... ;)...and too young to know any better!  Just remember Genki_rockets, what goes around comes around..... :)

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »
I am simply restating what Tea Party/most Republicans wish to do.  They want to cut/elimiate payroll & property tax and do away with social security.  

You want our government to eliminate budget deficit AND lower tax?  Well, this is not possible without getting rid of social security.  And that's what the Tea Party and Republicans are pushing for.

Is that good or bad?  That depends on who you are.   Do I support it?  No.  

Well, some of you on this forum support Tea Party/Republican ideas and obviously, you have different values than me.  I am not being sarcastic.  It's just difficult for me to accept or understand person like Ann's social value.  That's all.

And Steve.  You seem to be the only person who understand what I am saying so let me clarify.  I am suggesting that perhaps the only solution to this mess is by lowering everyone's life standard/expectancy.  Now, tha'ts gonna piss everyone off so I am keeping quiet.

Why did I even bother to say anything then?  Because it's so bizzare that some people are supporting an idea without even understanding what they are supporting.  It's like Jews supporting the Nazi.  So funny and so sad at the same time.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:02:48 PM by Genki_rockets »

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »
Genki, Question, would like you to live and support three people on just over 2000 a month  and pay for your proporty tax and car and house insurance and food, each and every year on that amount of money, we have cut back on everything that we can and are still having trouble some months meeting and paying all the bills. And i know personnelly of persons that are recieving even less than i get each month and are really hurting bad, for we when we can help them out with food and clothes. And yes every time we have new people come into the goverment this comes out, it showed up in 2008 election and also in the 2004 election until they discovered just how many of us seniors voted for them and then they shut up about it. As for cutting proporty taxes, they want to cut it from being a tax deduction on your income taxes. that has been going on for years now.

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »
pegleg, and your point is???

I think you asked me if I would like to live on $2,000.  Well, $2,000 won't be enough to cover my & my wife's car payments + auto insurance.  I wouldn't have enough money left to pay for the gas.

If I have only $2,000 disposable income, I wouldn't live in the US.  $2,000 is lot of money to spend if you are in south east Asia or south America.  You can live quite comfortably in those countries.  There are many towns that are strickly English speaking in Mexico, China and in other countries.  Actually, there is one town that is being built near Ghaungzhou (China) where Chinese people will be prohibited from even entering the town.  (Only Europeans and Americans will be allowed to inhabit the town.)

I personally know people who maintain their legal addresses in the States (to collect social security) and live in Canada, Mexico and in other countries.  So if you are finding it difficult to live on $2,000, I suggest you do something about it.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 09:05:54 PM »
my point is that you have climbed up the back side of me and after this post i may get kicked off of here but dont care anymore, for your information i started paying into social security when i was 14 and payed into it up until i became disabled, and during that time i gave my country nine (prt)nine years of military service and never complained at any time for doing it, and as far as my disablity, the FDA and TABBACO companies knew that it could happen and hide the facts.
And now you are telling me that i should move to a differant county, like h--- i will this is my country and i have a god given right to dislike or like the way it is being run and right now i dislike the way it is going, and yes if they start cutting my benefits i am going to scream bloody murder about it. I have been working full time since i was 10 years old, didnt like it but didnot have any choice. it was either work or starve.
your first paragraph answer just what i beleived was goning on with you and you are living beyond you means. and i have stated the i am trying my dangest to live with what i have coming in. And feel that i am doing a fairly good job, by keeping a house and food on the table with what i am getting, there is some thing that a person dose not mess with me and the is
1. telling me how i should live my life
2. mess with my wife
To me that is why this country is in the mess it is in right now because nobody cares what happen, most of the younger generation didnot even get out and vote. so that tells me they either dont want to be bothered or just plain dont give a d------ed. And as for doing something about it, that is why i get out and vote ever time to get them crooks out of office, some times it happens but not too often,

SO DONT GO AND TELL I SHOULD MOVE OUT OF MY OWN COUNTRY.

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 01:14:47 AM »

Offline uScott

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 03:42:44 PM »
I would actually LOVE to opt out of the social security system.  Those that have paid in should reap the benefits of that, but looking to my own financial health, I truly believe that I can manage my retirement funds far more efficiently than the government.  I see that deduction line on each paycheck, and I know I'll never see all of that money again.

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
uScott, I don't blame you for thinking social security is one big ponzi scheme because it is.  Actually, Gov. Perry (Texas) says it's worse than the ponzi scheme.

I feel the worst about my minimum wage earning employees whenever I cut their paychecks.  I know that they won't see a penny of their payroll tax when they retire.  When I was in high school, minimum wage jobs were reserved for high school students and possibly some college aged kids.  Yup, I remember making $3.18 per hour working at McDonald's. 

But the huge difference between myself and young kids these days is that I was working not because I needed the money.  Almost all of my employees actually need the money to support themselves.  You just don't see "Help Wanted" signs anymore.  Not even at McDonald's.  I remember how when I was ready to go to college, the manager/owner of McDonald's I was working at was so desperate to hold onto me, she even bought me a state of the art word processor begging me to keep working.  Places like McDonald's were always looking to fill their minimum wage positions with high school kids.  These days, I get resumes from people everyday seeking employment at my wife's retail shop.  My God!!

Yeah, this is really really sad.  But we need to stop blaming someone else for our own problem, especially politicians.  For decades, those politicians who wanted to save social security got voted off their office by voters who are on social security.  Those that kept quiet and said nothing managed to keep their office.  So this is hardly any politician's fault.  Now that the end is eminent, I see people pointing their fingers everywhere. 

In the meanwhile, these innocent kids making minimum wages are getting their blood sucked out of them.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »
Looks Like Obama's health care scam is going to loose! Ha. Its more about power than health. By the time this passes and it won't..He will be long gone and no longer in control..thank god!

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 07:17:24 PM »
but snowbear, the demo's still have control of the senate and it looks like a rough road ahead for that bill.