Author Topic: hobbies  (Read 10408 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
hobbies
« on: March 18, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »
i know that we all have them and here is a  picture on one of my model ships that i make
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: hobbies
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:25:38 PM »
thats really good! Must have taken ages to make.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 12:12:17 AM »
Great looking ship, Jack!. Thanks for sharing it with us. My pastime is more of a sporting obsession... golf!
pin-hi

jmoore

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:14:02 AM »
jack that is great man i would not have the patience to do some thing that tedious that ship is great take care and have a great day

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 04:32:05 AM »
 ;D

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:01:08 AM by Oneblueleg »

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:38:44 AM »

What a ship.......must have taken a long time.  Me?? I quilt...I am definately not a pro, but love doing it.

;)
ann

Offline Sparky

• Derbyshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »
That is one fine looking ship. Me, I just work 10 - 12 hrs a day not much time for anything else at the moment.

What a ship.......must have taken a long time. 
Me?? I quilt...I am definately not a pro, but love doing it.

;)
ann

The mind boggles :)

Offline Marilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:00:14 AM »
PL, that is awesome!  It takes a great deal of patience and attention to detail to do something so intricate and cool!

when I started my health regime (no smoking, little eating) I took up counted cross stitch.  It takes some thinking to get the stitches placed correctly and you have to pick out all the stitches that you miscount.  It really has helped me not smoke and eat right!

I think I've done 6 projects since Jan 1!!
Marilyn
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words, the first one took me over a year to make and the two that i am working on now i have been at it for over seven months. I only work on them for about 3 hours a day. But here lately have been doing 5-6 a day just to get them finished so that i can go on to another one that i have planed and it is a Mississippi river boat.

As soon as i can get them reduce to fit here will post some of the NAVY DESTORYERS that i have done.

ONEBLUELEG, sorry to say your picture didn't come through for me, could you try again.

PIN-HI, hope your are not talking about COWPASTURE POOL, (HAHAHA), have played some but just couldn't get the hang of it, preferred BOWLING, and before i lost my legs carried 175 average with either arm, cost me a fortune for getting the balls drilled for both hand. wound up with 6 differant balls.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »

ONEBLUELEG, sorry to say your picture didn't come through for me, could you try again.

Sorted, bit of an anti-climax I guess... love the ships though  ;)

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 11:55:31 AM »
Hi PLJ.  What an interesting hobby!   I love the ship.    :)

I make stained glass (copper foil) and I also do counted cross stitch. 

I also volunteer a lot of my time at an area animal shelter.  I am currently serving a term on the board of directors.  I do whatever I can to help the shelter  (attend meetings, fundraising, assist the general public, clean kennels and cages, socialize animals, walk the dogs, take animals to adoption events, etc.) 

Marilyn, congrats on starting to cross stitch.  ...6 projects since January... wow!  I've been lazy and have only completed 2.

Oneblueleg... I also enjoy your hobby.   ;)
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 01:00:43 PM »

'oneblueleg' there wasn't a cold brew the 1st. time I was on here.....looks good my hubby said!!  He has the same hobby.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline metdrs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 07:30:11 PM »
PLJ
The ship is beautiful with all the detail we can see. You must have a great deal of patience to complete this kind of project Glad that you are sharing with us.
 How long and how tall is the model?
Do you use a plan or are you also the designer?

Dave
Taking one day at a time!!

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 09:12:20 PM »
Hi Jack - Your ship is very impressive. How did you get started? Were you a sailor in the past? I have my horses for a hobby. I also do woodworking from lumber from trees that I cut and saw into lumber. I am always making something. I am a toolaholic. I am always buying more. I have 5 radial arm saws.  Herb

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 10:06:37 AM »
Very cool ship Jack. I'm working on my first one now. Its a Sharpie Schooner, not as intricate as yours
but wanted to start out simple and work up. Grew up building car and plane models and never tried a ship.

Now I know why.....lol  Lots of time and patients needed. Gotta work on the patients part for sure. I would really like to see your other ships you have built and even a pic of the one you have not started. Do you have many modeling tools (Dremel etc.??)

Before I start another one, I'm getting all the tools I need to make it a little easier on myself.

How ya going to get that ship in the bottle now?????
Dave