Author Topic: Hugh Herr at it again  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
Hugh Herr at it again
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:45:13 PM »
Not so long ago, Herr at MIT was telling media how his motorized "powerfoot one" was going to allow BK amputees to jump over buildings and run faster than Usain Bolt.

Looks like the money dried up for that B/S project.

Because now, Herr is promising the world that he will build a thought controlled leg equiped with five motors and AI.
Oh, wait.  Didn't Hugh Herr build that already?  I thought that was called Rheo knee.  LOL

http://www.ecnmag.com/news/2010/08/tradeshow/Intelligent-Prosthetics-for-Natural-Movements.aspx

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Herr at it again
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:26:20 AM »
Surely it's about pushing boundaries, if he doesn't flower it up in the beginning he doen't get the investment he needs. Mercedes Benz put all their best kit on the S class, the stuff they had on there 20 years ago is common place on the most basic models now. All the time people are working on stuff you can't imagine working, we will all get closer it happening for real.

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »
As much as I want to agree with you oneblueleg, knowing how knowledgeable you are, you can't compare Mercedes to Hugh Herr.  Mercedes puts out quality cars year after year.  I should know.  I've been driving nothing but Mercedes since 1992. haha

What does Hugh Herr have to show for?  After nearly two decades, other than that crap called rheo, he has nothing to show for.  If Herr can't put out something useful, he needs to shut the fuxx up & stop wasting people's money.  That's all I am saying.

BTW, one of your company rep says endolite's new microprocessor knee is so bad that he doesn't even want to talk about it.  hahaha  what the hell?  I see Plie rep secretly using the C-leg & now endolite rep is ashamed of new leg that hasn't even been introduced yet.  And Otto bock wants to charge $30,000 for each new X2 to US vets & charge everyone else $40,000. 

It seems everybody is smoking crack these days!!!!!!!

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 02:05:42 PM »
Genki_rockets..... :)...could I ask you a question??  Well I'm not going to wait for your message.....where do you hail from ???  If it's in the states I even do not want to know that.  Just USA or UK or?  Thanks, ann