Author Topic: up loading pictures to site  (Read 5697 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
up loading pictures to site
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »
we need to know if anyone else out there besides myself is haveing problems adding pictures.

on the right hand corner of page when making your post should have a bar that read   ATTACHMENTS,  if you dont have it please post that on here so that we can get it fixed.
you-all have a great day.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
Re: up loading pictures to site
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
Hi Pegleg - I did not see any bar in the lower right corner. I did click on "additional options" on the left side and saw a place for attachments there. I am going to test it out. I have tried to attach several different pictures and each time got a message that the file size was too large. herb

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »

testing testing

I don't have an attachments thing, but it's best not to have direct attachments from user's machines, I think, it's better from other sites, such as photobucket like this. It keeps the site cleaner and save it from viruses and the the like...

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »
Hi PLJ and Herb,

This is how I uploaded photos to this site. 

I logged into this site and started to create a message.  I opened a second browser window and went to photobucket.  I checked the boxes for the photos that I wanted to post here.  (I had previously uploaded pictures to Photobucket.)  At the bottom of the photos I clicked on "generate HTML and IMG code."  It will create the code required for posting.  There will be several choices to pick from.  I use the code for "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended."  Then all you have to do is either cut and paste or copy the appropriate code by highlighting it and right clicking on it.  Re-open your first browser and in the text box of the message that you are creating on this forum, right click and select either copy or paste.  Your code should be added.  You will be able to see the pics if you choose to preview your message first.

I hope this post wasn't too hard to follow.
Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 05:23:33 PM »
Hi PLJ and Herb,

This is how I uploaded photos to this site. 

I logged into this site and started to create a message.  I opened a second browser window and went to photobucket.  I checked the boxes for the photos that I wanted to post here.  (I had previously uploaded pictures to Photobucket.)  At the bottom of the photos I clicked on "generate HTML and IMG code."  It will create the code required for posting.  There will be several choices to pick from.  I use the code for "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended."  Then all you have to do is either cut and paste or copy the appropriate code by highlighting it and right clicking on it.  Re-open your first browser and in the text box of the message that you are creating on this forum, right click and select either copy or paste.  Your code should be added.  You will be able to see the pics if you choose to preview your message first.

I hope this post wasn't too hard to follow.

See above....  ;)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »
Mitchee, what we are try to set up is in additional options the word attachments show up and it will take you right into your picture file so that you and upload the picture from their, there is some of use that dint have that feature showing up and GARY  is trying to find out why. That it is on some and not all. It is just a time saver feature and makes it easier to upload picture if the are not real big, their is a limit on how big they can be, will see if GARY  will post the size limits on here for us to keep in mind when we upload.
you-all have a great day.

Offline pyourke

• BAK - Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 05:45:11 PM »
On the left bottom of my "post reply" screen is an option for "Additional Options". Clicking it opens up four options:
1. Notify me of replies;
2. Return to this topic;
3. Don't use smileys; and
4. "Attach:" with a box for file name with a "Browse" button.

On the two times that I've posted photos, I just browsed my pictures to find the file (after reducing the size of the photo).

The Attach box indicates that "Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, jpeg.
Maximum attachment size allowed: 128 KB, per post: 4
(which I interpret to mean you can post up to 4 photos, which are no bigger than 128 KB in total.)

If you try to upload any file over 128 KB, it doesn't work and you get no warning or explanation. At least that's what I found before reducing the photo size.
Peter
BAK since '74

Offline Sparky

• Derbyshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »

Yep, everything works.

Offline Mitchee

• Oshkosh, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:16:09 AM »
Hi PLJ,

Thanks for replying to my post.  I realize that you are trying to make it easier for us to post pics from our pc's.   :)

In case that doesn't work, I posted how to do it from sites such as Photobucket.

Sites such as Photobucket automatically reduce the size of the photo(s) for IMG postings if you select the "clickable thumbnail for message boards" option.  As a result, the person posting the picture doesn't have to worry about the size of the file because it is automatically reduced. 

Not to be redundant but... as Oneblueleg posted, it is not a direct link to our own pc's if we use sites such as Photobucket and thus we are not as likely to get viruses on the forum or our own pc's.    ;)

Initial injury:  July 1985
Amputation:  December 2006 - Ertl LBKA

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
 -Lao Tzu

Offline Jeff Jester

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 10:14:36 AM »
First entry on this site so just checking the picture attachments. If they come out one is my girls and I and the other is my wife and I.
Jeff

Offline Jeff Jester

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »
Well it works, just have to figure how to make the images larger on the screen.
Jeff

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 10:47:47 AM »
Hi Jeff - welcome to the site - when you click on the picture in the post it gets larger. They look great. herb

Offline Sparky

• Derbyshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 12:39:44 PM »
Hi Jeff and welcome. Great pictures, bought back memories of when my girls were that age, which only seems like yesterday. Where does the time go, I'm told I'm going to be a grandfather before the years out.