Author Topic: QUIET ?  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: QUIET ?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 07:34:23 AM »
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »
Hi Steve - the same thing has happened to animal prices over here. Lots of people who owned horses here are struggling financially and are not buying new horses and are selling or turning horses to shelters. Prices have plummeted on horses. I might be able to sell my colt for what I spent on stud service and vet bills. I am lucky to have good pasture and able to do the immunizations myself so I can keep feed and vet bills to a minimum.

It would be a shame if you had to give up your country place to find a woman. Do you have internet sites over there like plenty of fish or yahoo dating? There must be plenty of woman that would love to get out of the city and come to the country. Herb

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 03:34:57 PM »
There are a few reasons to move really. With living alone and working from home, where the house is etc if I didn't make myself go to the shop everyday I can go days without seeing anyone. I don't like that.
Work is real quiet. It may not be much better in town but there should be more chances and then there's the lack of single women thing.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 08:18:58 AM »

I'll bet we could find you a good looking gal with personality....couldn't we Herb.  Come home & find a nice USA lady..then go back to Ireland.  I'm sure there are lots of ladies wanting a nice looking, sensitive man. ;)  They are hard to come by most of the time.

Offline JClark

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »
Steve,
Have you seen the Sleeve Saver? http://www.amputeesupplies.com/products/bk-sleeve-saver.html
I have not used them because my sleeves have something like it built in.
I would guess you could make something equivalent out of an old sock or something like that.

The sleeve saver sounds like a cool thing, but it says "the inner surface of the suspension sleeve is protected from abrasive
rubbing of the socket brim".  My sleeves come with something we call a "gaitor" and it works very well for this.  And it's part of the package for the knee sleeve. 

BUT the problem is, mine never tear at the socket brim from the inside fiction - I get something poked in from the outside that causes a small hole.

I've got a double-wall socket and that seems to work best to protect my sleeve from outside forces.
North-East Pennsylvania
+Left foot------------+Right foot---------------+
|Accident 8/31/2002 |ankle fusion 1/8/2008  |
|Amp 7/11/2003      | RBK (Ertl)    4/7/2010 |
|Ertl June 2005        |                                  |
+---------------------+-------------------------+

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »
JClark, can relate to what is happening to you and this is one way i found would help. Had my wife take a pair of levi's and then take a pair of old one and cut the legs off and sew them on to the new pair making it a double wall at the knee area, and that seemed to slow down and protect the sleeve some what. but not completely. and also found that by using the DURMA SLEEVE put out by OTTO BACH, that they would last me over two months before we were sewing up a hole in them.
you-all have a great day.