Author Topic: THE WAVE ~Icecross  (Read 1783 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
THE WAVE ~Icecross
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »

Has anyone tried the "wave" with a vacuum set-up and no suspension sleeve?  Just wondering.

Offline frank

• View Profile
Re: THE WAVE ~Icecross
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 01:30:15 AM »
Ann
I use the Icecross X5 liner with the wave feature. I use a suction socket without a sleeve and no vacuum system. The X5 just provides a good seal. The wave feature is very comfortable. Overall this liner is a huge improvement from their original (single) seal-in liner which was much stiffer and had a lot of durability issues on the seal.

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »
I agree with most of what Frank said. My only issue with the X5 is that you can't tuck a sock in the back of the seal (as you can with the original), thus you have less control over the fit, at least with the original you could tuck a sock in the back if you lost suction due to a slight volume change. i've never had a problem with the seals damaging, only the fabric peeling away from the silicone (which seems to be a huge problem with the iceross original, seal in and transfemoral - but oddly not the synergy or comfort... ?)

Offline frank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 11:31:21 PM »
I have a long residual and wear a sock behind the X-5 seals without any problems.

On the old single seal design, the seal was made from a different material than the X-5. The seal always cracked at the base of the seal. I used the design for several years and always had to replace the liner under warranty in the first 6 months.

I agree that if one has a short residual then the X-5 may not work.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 01:21:02 AM »
Frank:

My residuals are SO short that neither the original single ring or the newer multi-ring versions work for me.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline chrysochloridae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 03:34:32 PM »
Was just replying to PLJ on another thread and mentioned the new Iceross suspension sleeves (which have a 'wave' function in....). I've heard good things about them, but have no durability feedback yet http://www.ossur.co.uk/lisalib/getfile.aspx?itemid=19081

Anyone tried/trying them?

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »

Has anyone tried the "wave" with a vacuum set-up and no suspension sleeve?  Just wondering.

Yes, I have a friend that does....but he says it won't always work.  I don't know why.  In fact he told us that it  "wave" works better with that set up than the leg was made for it.  Go figure !!
 :)