Author Topic: TEA PARTY !!  (Read 3347 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
TEA PARTY !!
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:33:11 PM »
Anyone on here connected to the tea party movement?  You can contact me by PM if you don't want to start a revolution on here.   ;)

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
Re: TEA PARTY !!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:03:53 AM »
Ann,
There is a widespread dissatisfaction among the populace.
November may be a big surprise for a lot of folks.  ;D

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 03:43:52 AM »
Guzz:

We've had  alot of dissatisfaction for the 8 to 9 years.  It's just a different bunch dissatisfied now.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:18:59 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/politics/2010/02/08/lemon.palin.cheat.sheet.cnn.html

This is just my personal opinion. I have been a republican/ independent all my life and feel strongly that she is the reason John McCain lost.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:49:25 AM by herb »

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 04:08:30 PM »
Herb,  Can't believe this....thought Snowbear & myself & pegleg were the only non-dems on here.  Don't know why he lost...maybe it was her...but everyone was so totally under Obamas' spell, I feel they are finding out half of what was said was lies.

Who cares if she took notes on her hand.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 05:59:45 PM »
Ann  and Herb, OBAMA won cause he was able to convince the younger gerneration that we needed a change and was willing to tell them anything to get their vote, which he was able to do, and yes a lot of them are waking up to the fact that a lot that he siad was a big lie, i was going to give him the benifit of doubt, until he tried to get our guys and gals come back from IRAG and AFAGANISTAN, to pay for most of thier health care, thats what really turn me agianst him, for i am a NAM VET, and am proud that i served and gave over nine years to my country.

As for Palin, i have droped her completely when she came out in support of GOV PERRY down here in TEXAS, PERRY is one big money grabing back stabbing idiot as far as i am concerned. all he wants to do is make his rich buddy even richer off of our backs down here.
you-all have a great day.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 06:07:33 PM »
PegLeg, I'm sorry, don't know anything about Gov. Perry.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 07:29:48 PM »
Hi Ann - nobody would have thought anything if she had had the notes on a card or pad of paper. Having them on her hand made her look a bit juvenile. It was a small thing and will likely be forgotten soon. I think the news media needlessly made it into a big deal. Herb

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 03:10:59 AM »
Where Palin wrote her notes is the least of her problems.  She one big self-absorbed joke.  The thoughts of her in national politics is scary indeed.

Consider that she walked off the job as Governor in mid-term for no discernable reason except possibly her own self-agrandisement.  What would she do in Washington?  Is this the kind of flakey-ness we want running our country?
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 01:02:15 PM »
Sorry Dick...don't know if I want her for President, but I certainly do not agree with you on this one.  I think Obama is very conceited & egocentric....I would give him a {D}   :)

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 05:27:21 PM »
Ann:

"conceited & egocentric" ... is this a pre-requisite for the job of President?  George Bush certainly thought pretty highly of himself, too.

That's not the biggest problem I have with Palin.  She just seems to be a "Loony-Toon" from the git-go.  Some of the comments that come from her mouth seem downright childish and naive.  Does anyone really want THAT mentality in charge of the nation?  The late-night comedians would have a field-day with her (they already do).

Anyone who is afraid of nuclear war, I wouldn't want her anywhere near the "Big Red Button".  I don't know if Sarah realizes that this alot bigger than moose-hunting in Alaska.

I'm sorry, but even if you don't love Obama's approach, Sarah "Moose-huntin' Mama" Palin is NOT the answer.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »
Everybody has an opinion.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 04:28:37 AM »
Ann:

What I'm saying is, even if you want to vote Republican, surely they could come up with more viable candidates than Sarah Palin.

Someone said that having Palin as his running-mate caused McCain to lose the election.  I don't know about that, but I don't doubt it was one contributing cause.

I just know the US can do better.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
Dick,

And what I'm saying is anyone can vote Democrat but Obama was voted in on his personality..not his knowledge.   I would have rather had Hilery  :)  As you can see the people are rising up against him & his Chicago Type Politics aren't going to get it.

Sorry we are @ such odds, but as I said everyone has an opinion.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 08:17:45 PM »
That is what is so great about this country and this board, we can have very different opinions and express them and still be civil and friends.  I really liked Hillary myself.
Annieg
He who limps, still walks.