Author Topic: TEA PARTY !!  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
Re: TEA PARTY !!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 08:45:17 PM »
Ann:

You say: "Sorry we are @ such odds, but as I said everyone has an opinion....."

My reply is: I wonder if we really ARE at such odds.  If we get past the political posturing and showmanship and cute catch-phrases, and dig down to what really matters.  What do we really hope for in life - for ourselves, our loved-ones, our nation, and our world?

What do WE really want - not what the politicos, with their loaded agendas, tell us to want.

I have some ideas, but I want you to come up with your own, OK?

BTW - we are having fun digging out of the snow here in Philly.

It's refreshing to know that in Washington, not all the snowjobs are INside the government buildings this week. LOL   :)
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »
Dick,

I certainly want the Pres. to go after some jobs for all who are out of work...I want health care for those who do not have it...{not all people}.  Some don't want to change theirs.  By that I mean not mandatory change for everyone.  I want those who would like to build to be able to get loans.  I want health care to fill the donut hole for seniors...and then let us alone.  Today we paid out $300 plus we have insurance.  I want those who are amputees to be able to get prosthesis when needed { not just one every three years or whatever the insurance co. designates.

I don't want the government to be run by those the President has picked out of his home town {Chicago} not good.  I want the President to quit telling other nations we are not a Christian nation.

What are some of your wants.... & BTW I love the snow...guess we are in for another storm this weekend.  Better invest in a large snowblower lol.   ;)

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 02:22:50 AM »
Ann:

Bingo!  I'd say I'm 100% in agreement with your first paragraph.  That includes good healthcare for more Americans without forcing anyone who likes their present coverage to change.  Oh yes, please get rid of the insidious "Donut Hole" that grabs me every year!  With healthcare costs escalating at many times the overall rate of inflation, costing Americans higher and higher % of their total income, AND that is escalating at a far faster rate than in ANY other developed country, taking decisive action to curb these excesses is a MUST.  Predatory insurance companies and predatory Big Pharma and the predatory Medical Industry has GOT to be regulated.

Whether it's in the Healthcare arena or Big Banking with all of its excesses, we are discovering that "Free Market Capitalism" with no ethics and no regulation simply does NOT work.  The greedy few with all the wealth and all the power and no sense of ethics, will happily take every last penny from everyone else, having NO concern for anyone's welfare but their own.  Not the mark of a civilized society.

More to come.........
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 02:57:37 AM »
Ann:

To continue....As for Obama picking Chicago cronies, doesn't every President begin with people he knows?  Didn't Bush surround himself with Texas cronies?   What's important is whether the people are qualified, not where they came from.

As for foreign policy, I don't believe that the US should act like the Biggest, Baddest Bully on the block, arogantly telling every other nation how they should live and how they should be governed.  Fact is, we are ONE sovereign nation among MANY sovereign nations, large and small.  We should accord them the same respect that we want them to give us.

We are a nation with lots of Christians of many varieties.  But, if you read the  US Constitution, we are NOT a "Christian Nation".  We do not have a State Church or a State Religion, as some nations of the world have.  We enjoy an equal right to citizenship with people of various religions ... and even those who are not believers.

I'm a "Live and Let Live" person.  We can enjoy alot of freedoms in this land -- as long as we don't trample on other people's freedoms.

Sorry if I'm too long-winded.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA