Author Topic: H1N1  (Read 2215 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
H1N1
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:02:13 PM »

Has any of you had this new flu virus?  What about the shot for it?  So far my family haven't...but there is alot in the school.  Me~~~I don't want it.  By the time we have the vaccine it will be gone. {hopefully}

Offline tbrbeast

• View Profile
Re: H1N1
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »
I haven't had it; I do plan to get the shot.

Not getting the shot is your choice.  Keep in mind that this particular flu is operating outside of what we consider the normal flu season so the assumption that it will disappear before you get the shot is at the very least questionable.  With people getting it last summer, it is possible that it could still be active/common next summer.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »
My neighbors son had it. He's fine now. I might want to get the jab...
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 04:51:20 AM »
I haven't had it; I do plan to get the shot.

Not getting the shot is your choice.  Keep in mind that this particular flu is operating outside of what we consider the normal flu season so the assumption that it will disappear before you get the shot is at the very least questionable.  With people getting it last summer, it is possible that it could still be active/common next summer.

You're actually better off not having the jab if you don't have any other underlying conditions.
It's only flu...

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »
So far, we got the regular seasonal flu shots, but not the swine flu jab.  Hasen't been available here yet, except for a select few, like healthcare workers.  I can wait, thanks.  :)
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline tbrbeast

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:58 PM »

You're actually better off not having the jab if you don't have any other underlying conditions.
It's only flu...
[/quote]

It may only be "the flu" but this one is killing people that other strains haven't, or at least in the same numbers.  I have neither seen nor heard any credible arguments/discussions for not getting it.  I frankly have no desire of being stuck at home for 1-2 weeks feeling totally miserable if I can help it.  But each of us has the choice. 

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »
I've got the swine flu.  My kids got them also.  My son had to be hospitalized because of pneumonia. 

It starts out like a weak flu.  You get some headache, fever, no big deal.  Then after few days, it can get very ugly real fast.

I've found out that you can get very sick from it or you won't even notice it.  My daughter is almost symptom free. 

Well, it's not fun staying at home for a whole week.   :-\

Offline stinker373

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »
I know of 4 people that had the shot and both parents and the two kids ended up with h1n1.  For those that don't know there are two shots involved. The second one follows a week or two down the road if you are lucky enuff to be in line to get it.  I won't have anything to do with it at all.  Have you ever heard of the government being honest with the people.  I don't think they are telling all about the flue and a lot of other stuff. Lets not forget bush's involvement with ben laden and all the stuff that wasn't told to the people about what really took place.  To get bk to the h1n1 they can keep that posion.  Proper health care like washing hands and watch where you sneeze are good things to follow.  Yes the flue is dangerous and it shows that there os no cure for it so weather or not you get the shot you are not safe either way.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 05:31:05 PM »
Well, for hubby & me {we will get shot} if it's ever available to senior citizens...I have several underlying conditions {heart problems, diabetic, etc} and do not want the flu.  It makes you feel so ugly.

Go Ohio State buckeyes!!  Are you watching the game Dick?

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 12:54:05 AM »
Sorry, Ann, I'm not a sports fan.  Who's Ohio playing?

We're still debating what to do about h1n1 flu shots if they ever come available here.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA