Author Topic: TRICK OR TREAT !!  (Read 3955 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
TRICK OR TREAT !!
« on: October 29, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »
I just filled my basket with candy for trick or treaters...I have at least 250 to 300 every halloween.  How about the rest of you.

Steve, do they have halloween trick or treat where you are?  How about the rest of you.

Just got my leg back with the skin on it & I guess its OK...I'm alittle disappointed.. :(...looks like my hose is falling down around my ankle; but hey I CAN WALK!!

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TRICK OR TREAT !!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 04:44:33 PM »
Ann, we dont have any come to the house, for the city puts on a big show and trick or treat up on main street, in the three years that we have been down here havent had any show up, from what i understand a bunch of gooks we giving out stuff that would harm the kids, so the city decided to do it this way and so far no one has gotten anything bad from it, it kind of puts a damper on holloween, that i remember, when i was a kid.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 05:30:21 PM »
I may get a hand full of trick or treaters but not many. Halloween is celebrated over here but where I live is pretty remote so only a few make it to the house.
Myself, I'll be going to the local pub for a fancy dress (costume) party. I'm going as Chuck Norris. I have a beard, might as well put it to use. :)
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »
guzzitx,   Loved your list.  It was a riot.  Steve,  I believe you can pull off the Chuck Norris look.  Have fun.  Annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »
Ann, Where do all the kids come from?  The neighborhood?  Or do they bus them in?  I don't know about you but I really enjoy the little ones.  They are so wound up and excited.  I love that they really believe that you have no idea who they are.  Have a great night!  We'll probably get around 10 kids, it's kind of disappointing.  annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 10:12:50 PM »
Great facts Guzz. Now do I go for Chuck Norris in a general sense or Walker Texas Ranger? :D
I have to go now to run around the world and punch myself in the back of the head...

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline guzzitx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:36:07 PM »

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 12:06:59 AM »
When our kids were younger, we lived where we had plenty of trick or treaters.  Now, we're in the 55+ condo community and we get virtually none.  one or two grandkids of our nearest neighbors might come by, but otherwise.....

And of course, our own granddaughter is doing her own neighborhood.

Happy Halloween
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 07:48:16 AM »
I live deep in the woods and have a long drive so my house is not visible from the road. I get 2 or 3 car loads of trick or treaters. I buy some reese peanut butter cups and some almond joys and eat most of them myself. I also offer apples but the kids always take the candy. Herb

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 02:22:14 PM »
We practiced recycling even before it became so popular.

Many years ago, when our kids were young, we lived in South Philly, and there were 100's of kids coming to the door.  Our 2 kids collected big bags of candy, too.  :) 

Midway thru the evening they came home to unload their candy, before going out for more.  They dumped their candy on the dining room table, quickly sorted out the candy they really wanted to keep.  The rest we recycled and gave out to kids who came later in the evening (who tended to be the older ones).

Yes, even our kids realized there was a limit to how much candy they could eat.  They got to choose which stuff to recycle and which to keep for themselves.  Plenty to go around.....   :)
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
Great facts Guzz. Now do I go for Chuck Norris in a general sense or Walker Texas Ranger? :D
I have to go now to run around the world and punch myself in the back of the head...

I think WALKER TEXAS RANGER would work out!! ;)

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »
Ann, we dont have any come to the house, for the city puts on a big show and trick or treat up on main street, in the three years that we have been down here havent had any show up, from what i understand a bunch of gooks we giving out stuff that would harm the kids, so the city decided to do it this way and so far no one has gotten anything bad from it, it kind of puts a damper on holloween, that i remember, when i was a kid.

I know there is always someone who has to ruin everything.....BUT that's really cool that the city does it this way.  :)

Offline Robogirl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »
I'm taking my little pumpkins out to trick or treat in our neighborhood tonight.   :)    One's dressing as a bumblebee and the other as "Nancy Drew".   Happy Halloween, everyone!!!

"The race does not always go to the swift, but often to those who keep on running."

Offline Robogirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 04:10:59 PM »
Ann,

Ugh, re the baggy ankles!  ???   Is it because of movement of the Echelon foot?
"The race does not always go to the swift, but often to those who keep on running."