Author Topic: tendon enlargement  (Read 1608 times)

Offline beth

• View Profile
tendon enlargement
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:46:53 PM »
hi,
   My 4 year old son has a L BKA and i've noticed that his pelvic tendon, not sure which on, the one that attaches to his hip and then down to the femur is really large. He says he has no pain, and out prosthetist said this was normal. does anyone else have this issue? Is there anything i should watch for?

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: tendon enlargement
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 08:42:10 AM »
Beth, i am a bilateral bka my self and both to my thighs have enlarge to some extent, and both of the tendons have gotten larger, have no pain other than phantom pain which from all that i have read up on your son possibly will not have  to worry about. Until it becomes pain full for him, i would not worry about it.  If is going to worry you, i suggest that you have a doctor check him out even if it only for your pieace of mind.

You didn't say how your son lost his leg. You can tell me it is none of my business if you wish and i will respect that.
you-all have a great day.

Offline beth

• View Profile
Re: tendon enlargement
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
Thanks for the post. My son had a rhabdomyosarcoma as an infant and we decided early to amputate as it was a VERY aggressive tumor. Today he rock climbs with us, runs, rides bike and wants to start snowboarding. He is such as inspiration. Our doctors and prosthetist are amazing. SOmetimes it is hard with one so young to figure out all this stuff. Thanks again.