Author Topic: new health care bill  (Read 28608 times)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: new health care bill
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
well it is one step closer now, but i have a question to ask all of you.

Would you buy a house,car, major appliances, and make payments on it for four years before you could use it, That what i heard and got from it last night and this came from both sides. All of the tax increases and cut come 40 days after the bill is passed and signed into law and the benefits don't start until the year 2014.

plus two of the cut are going to really hurt the seniors. one is MEDICARE ADVANTAGE, and the other according to the head man at MEDICARE AND MEDICAID is they will have to cut NURSING HOMES AND LONG TERM CARE from MEDICARE AND MEDICAID. and by the way does anyone out the beside me know what it cost per month to have a person in a nursing home. well i do and it run our family just over 4000.00 a month to keep the person that raised both me and my sister, we had to sell the house that we were raised in and used that money to keep him there, we had no choice, and finally the state took over cause we could not pay and the money ran out. If any of you don't believe me i can get copies of the bill from my sister and show it to y'all.

The other question is how many people are going to loose there homes, and life time savings in these four years before any of the benefits come into play and start covering it. That is people that are already in the homes. and just how many homes will go bankrupted from all of this in the first four year and all the people out of work.

they keep saying that MEDICARE AND MEDICAID will improve, i for one don't see it, if you take 476 billion away from a program, it will gut that program.
you-all have a great day.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2009, 10:36:51 AM »
PegLeg,,,,I don't want to start a big fight, but I agree with you on most of what you have said.  And listen guys, this is not Fox News Propaganda,,,,this is coming form msnbc & cnn also.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2009, 10:03:38 PM »
cartoon showing priorities

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2009, 01:23:01 AM »
Thanks, Herb.  That cartoon says it all.

If we could get out of these wars, we'd be able to pay for first-class healthcare for all ..... and have change left over.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »
You betcha'!  ;)

Offline Jeff Jester

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2009, 04:21:08 AM »

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »
Looks like the public option may be shot down!! AMEN!! YAHOOO!!!!!!!

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »
Snow, have been watching c-span2 and i would not hold my breath or count my chickens just yet, cause i dont trust them as far as i could throw any of them, the only thing so far that i have seen the DEMO'S do right is have a amendment added so that we can get our med's from CANADA if we so chose.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »
PegLeg,

I saw on the news this morning that  Pres. Obama was for this {while campaigning} but now he's against it.   :(    If you are a senior you are not going to come out ahead.  I have been in the donut hole for awhile & let me tell you IT'S NO FUN!!!

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2009, 01:50:03 PM »
I know Jack Noboma is a flip flopper and that's not all..  :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2009, 02:24:33 PM »
Snow, i belong to some military web sites and you should read some of the names he gets call, and on thing i like about on of them is that the old POLITICAL CORRECTNESS has been thrown out the window.

Ann, i feel for you on being in that donut hole, so far i dont come close to it and pray that it never happens, if i do i just might have my wifes reletives from down south send them to me.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2009, 02:47:38 PM »
Yeah Jack I can just imagine! and they are all correct to what they call "The One"! ha ha!

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2009, 01:37:32 AM »
Hi Ann:

We're in the Donut Hole together.  It happens from Mid-August thru December each year for me.  It is a royal rip-off the way they calculate it.

If they DO permit us to get drugs from Canada, we'll save a significant amount.  Also, if the US Big Pharma get a little competition from the North, they might bring their US prices down to something more reasonable.  Today, they have no competition, so they can gouge us to their hearts content.

Along the same lines, I don't know why you're so happy that the Public Option is probably out the window?  The only one's who really profit by having no Public Option are the Big Insurance Companies.  Again, with no competition, they are free to gouge us as much as they want.

Remember, when your Big Insurance Company gives their CEO's multi-million dollar bonuses, guess who's paying for those fat-cat bonuses?  It's you and me - their premium-paying customers.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »
Your wrong Dick we are not happy the public option may be out the window many are ELITED!!!!  :) YAHOOOO!!! :)

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2009, 03:51:26 PM »
Dick,

Correction, I didn't post on public option.