Author Topic: new health care bill  (Read 28645 times)

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
Re: new health care bill
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 01:01:15 AM »
Ann:

Have YOU read the actual plan, HB 3200, or are you just reacting to the wild assertions of the anti-reform movement, that are flying all over the Internet?  After all the scare-tactic hype, what are the ACTUAL proposals that are being presented?  I notice that those who are screaming "No. No. No." aren't offering any better plan.

Joe:

What you say about bullets and guns in America is scary.  What's wrong with this society that thinks the answer to every social and political problem is More Bullets and More Guns?  Hmmm.  How did this topic rear its ugly head in the midst of a thread on Healthcare Reform?

Now, does anyone have any verifiable facts about the new plan?

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 09:35:25 AM »
Dick, i do believe Ann has for she has the same copy that i have and it states in there that the government will have the right to axcess your checking account and personal records at any time. Also requires anyone over the age of 55 to go to lectures on end of live lectures, and it also giving NON-CITIZENS, coverage at no cost to them, and also states that in the near future that they are going to eliminate MEDICARE completely. And you dint have a choice in which doctor you see they tell you which ones you can go to, and health care will be rationed, and another sec giving them the right to come into your home after you have a child and tell you how to raise the child.

I agree that we need to overhaul the health system, but not this way, to me they need to knock down the wages and prices for things, I now of nurses that are making over 125,000.00 a year and my doctors nurse down here is making over 90,000.00 a year, have a MRI or CATSCAN and look at the bill it is outrageous.

I haven't got through all 1000 pages of it, but what i have read scare the heck out of me.
And if they gut  MEDICARE, it is going to put me back into my wheel chair permanently, cause i cannot afford to pay for my legs out of my own pocket.

And have been told that if it does go through that my CPO is going to close his doors, for most of his people are on MEDICARE.  And he know that most of us cannot afford to pay for this, I know i cant come up with over 30,000.00 every three years or so for a new pair.

IT allso state that the goverment has the right to determine what and when the treatment you will recieve.
you-all have a great day.

Offline herb

• left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 10:15:51 AM »
Jack - it appears that you and several others have a lot of misinformation about the new health care bill. It specifically prohibits payment for undocumented aliens. It does not stop coverage for durable medical equipment. It does have enhanced penalties for fraud for for durable equipment which is running at 17% right now. It does not give the government access to your checking account. Eligibility is based on a person's federal tax records which the government already has. It does pay for end of life counseling if a patient wants it. People already have to make end of life decisions on such things as pain management, hospice care, hospital care verses home care, no code or extreme measures when one's heart stops. It will be no different.
Here is a link to a section by section summary of the bill. You can scroll down through it to find the sections of the law you are concerned about so you can get accurate info. Herb

http://www.stark.house.gov/images/stories/111/legislation/AAHCA/aahca-sectionbysection-071409.pdf

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 02:21:31 PM »
One factor we haven't mentioned yet that makes healthcare so outrageously expensive in the USA - the high cost of our ligigous legal system.  People can sue for outlandish amounts for just about anything.  Doctors, hospitals and others have to spend outrageous amounts for medical malpractice insurance.  And that added expense has to be added to the price.

Many of the tests that we have to go thru while in the hospital (some of them rather invasive and uncomfortable - and expensive) are given to everyone just to protect the hospitals and doctors from possible lawsuit.

All this contributes to the cost of drugs and medical supplies, too.

One example, a particular antibiotic for human use is priced TEN TIMES as much as the identical antibiotic (same dose, same manufacturer) labeled for veterinary use.  Why such a huge difference?  (If I ever need that drug, my name is Fido or Rover.)
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 02:46:50 PM »
Herb, this is copied from the bill, SEC 152, PGS 50-51 - HC will be provided to all NON-US citizens.

SEC 59b - Akny nonresident alien is exempt from individual taxes(Americans 3will pay for thier health care.

SEC 431 PG 195, OFFICERS and EMPLOYEES of HC administration will have access to all americans financial and personnal records.

SEC 1233 THIS SECTION DEALS WITH END OF LIFE AS THEY SEE IT.

and all through the bill it states that health care is to be rationed, and treatment will be determing by the HC administration.

AND if they do away with MEDICARE, THERE goes me coverage for DM equipment.

So in closing HERB. I dont think i have been misinformed when i have a copy of the HR3200 right here on my computor as i type this.

GOOD to see that you believe SENATOR STARK, A DEMOGRAT. I sure dont.

Offline herb

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 07:39:52 PM »
Hi Jack - I have read every word of the sections you mentioned and could not find your quotes. Section 431 only refers to internal revenue returns not to personal financial records. I have looked and can not find any reference to eliminating durable medical equipment or medicare. Can you give a link to your quotes. Thanks herb

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 09:15:36 AM »
Herb, since i made that last post i have read and looked at three differant copies of hr3200 and each and everyone it just a little bit differant, dont know who is doing this, but until they come up with the one they are going to vote on, i am not making any more statements other than i dont like it at all.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 11:23:35 AM »

First let me say, I am proud of you guys.....the way you are debating this health care bill.  You are using good sense and not flying off the handle...just debating.  Herb did you see the town meeting this morning on Fox with Senator Spector?  At least he has the courage to have these meetings.  Most people are against the health bill as it is now written.  It definately needs rewriting & try again if Pres. Obama really wants to help the health system.  :)

Offline herb

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »
Hi Ann - I was out all day cutting firewood so I missed the town meeting. I will try to find it at Fox's website.

Jack - there seem to be a lot of people being quoted in the media that are intentionally giving out false info. here is a link to the health care bill that I got at the US House of Representatives website. Herb

http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

Offline JClark

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 07:05:49 PM »
Personally, I'm buying bullets because the police won't do anything about the 20 something year old 3 doors up selling crack and brewing what drugs using anti-freeze.  They've broken into other houses twice in the past month.  They've vandalized my car twice since March (and other cars too). 
doesn't the fact that your fellow countrymen are buying bullets tell you something about the mentality of the society in which you live?.... from the outside looking in, it's not about Obama, it's about the likes of you...

"I pray they don't do it in front of his wife."..... is it really OK to say that kind of crap?
Last fall, late Sept or so, I did a google search from home (a BIG mistake!) about OBama and assassination.  I also searched for McCain and assassination.  It was part of a discussion for school.  I had some suspicious "pollsters" the next day asking me about my views.....

Personally, I don't want to see anyone killed, especially the President.  If he's not doing the job, killing him is NOT the way to fix the problem.  It was bad enough doing it in front of Jackie, but imagine if their kids had been there.  Imagine the way it impacted people who WERE there - children and adults.

Jason
North-East Pennsylvania
+Left foot------------+Right foot---------------+
|Accident 8/31/2002 |ankle fusion 1/8/2008  |
|Amp 7/11/2003      | RBK (Ertl)    4/7/2010 |
|Ertl June 2005        |                                  |
+---------------------+-------------------------+

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:50 AM »
here is another question on this, i didnt get all of it on the news, but what i did get wast that they plan on taking 500 million or 500 billion out of the MEDICARE money to help pay for the new health care,was distrubed by someone else and didnt get all of it, has anyone else heard this and can let me now if it is true or not. To my own opinion if this happens it will just about kill MEDICARE as we know it now.

Jclark, most of the people i know are buying up slugs cause the president want to put a big tax on them, and limit the amount that we can have at any one time, he knows that gun control here in the USA, is a dead issue, so he has found out that they can control manufacture on the bullits, and get to us that way, This only what i have read and heard, and havent seen anything become of it yet, i also am buying them my self, and because of this reason.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:12:59 AM by pegleg jack »

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »
"What you say about bullets and guns in America is scary.  What's wrong with this society that thinks the answer to every social and political problem is More Bullets and More Guns?  Hmmm.  How did this topic rear its ugly head in the midst of a thread on Healthcare Reform?"

Probably because it's worked so well so far? The first rule of problem solving is to ask if we can eliminate the problem.

"...Now, does anyone have any verifiable facts about the new plan?..."

Oh sure. Now you want to cloud the issue with facts? Lets start with this simple fact. In America nobody does anything without a hidden financial agenda. Why is the alleged government suddenly taking an interest in how you pay your doctor? Could it be the governments now vested interest as one of the country's biggest employers? The largest burden for GM is a contractual agreement to provide cradle to grave health care. Wouldn't it be nice if they could shift that burden to.. oh i don' know... YOU?

When the same government forced American farmers to default on FHA Baloney Loans, why was it only Willie Nelson who helped bail them out? Which one's were the good guy's again? It's all smoke and mirrors my friends.
Poorly staged town hall rhetoric is nothing more than slight of hand. When was the last time a senator considered your opinion regarding anything?

All you ever have to do is follow the money.

"..."I pray they don't do it in front of his wife."..... is it really OK to say that kind of crap?..."

Yes. In a free society, one not only may, but is encouraged to speak their true feelings with such Crap.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 05:38:43 PM »
With absolutely "None" of this horse hockey headed to any public referendum, why are the Politic-rats working so hard to sell it? You don't have a vote on the matter.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 08:03:36 PM »
My jury is still out on this, have been rereading and listening to the new channels and trying to get differant opionions on this, but it seems like everyone is telling a differant story, one says something is not in the bill and anther says it isnt either, but yet when you read tha section it is in there, so i dont really know what the heck is going on.

But in my opinion, us amp's are in for some real trouble when it comes to getting stuff done on our legs or new ones made, especially if we are over 55 and retired like i am. Was going to give all my old legs to my CPO to use the parts for people that cant afford to pay for legs now, but he told me to box them up and keep them for one day i may need them for my self, So that is what i have done. I clean all of my pin/lock liners good and dryed them out and box them up so that they would not get damaged or anything like that, and the legs are standing up in one of our many closets. Just in case i need to use them.

Joe, you have a good point there, what i see is they are afraid that we may vote a bunch of them out of office next year if they cant convice us on this one, I am not a democrat or a republican, and when they ask i decline to state who or what party i am for, i look at it this way it isnt anyone business but my own.

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »
I can see how in a wholly capitalistic society it isn't possible to consider that anyone actually might care about anyone's health.
Sad, but there are millions of people in your society that aren't anywhere near as well off as you... but hey... it's their own fault, so why worry about them right?