Author Topic: Frustrated w my C-leg in China  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Genki_rockets

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Frustrated w my C-leg in China
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:54:44 AM »
I am currently in China and my C-leg keeps dying on me. -.-;;

My battery went dead yesterday in the middle of underground shopping center and I had to drag my C-leg back to the hotel.

Today, while rushing back out to the main street to grab a taxi because my associate had a flight to catch, my leg went dead again.  He nearly missed his flight because of my dead C-leg.

This is my first trip back to China since my accident/amputation & I have so many business associates to meet everyday.  I am walking around with my C-leg all day so I am working my C-leg lot more than usual but still, this is getting ridiculous, not to mention how embarrassing it is.

Has anyone else had similar problem?  I am only trying to get about 12 hours of continuous use out of my C-leg but my leg seems to run out of juice after about 6~8 hours.

Could my C-leg battery be defective by any chance?

In the meanwhile, I blew out my eschelon ankle again.  I don't think prosthetic companies have real world use in mind when they are making prosthetics.  I think eschelon is nice for walking on soft carpet but no way is the ankle robust enough to handle real world. 

It sucks to be amputee but it sucks ten times more when things that are supposed to help you turn into dead weight.

Offline herb

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 456
  • left above knee amputee New Hampshire USA
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated w my C-leg in China
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:43:53 AM »
Hi Genki- rocket -
I have had my my luggage lost while traveling and been unable to recharge for several days. Walking was a pain but still doable. I have had trouble recharging in the past for 2 different reasons. One was a small build up of dirt in the cleg where the charger cord plugs in. Cleaning out that dirt/lint with a pin solved the problem. The other time the terminal end of the charger cord wore enough that I was not always getting good contact and was only getting partial charges like you are. I replaced the short end of the charger cord and that solved the problem. While waiting for the new cord, I found that I could wiggle the end of the charger cord until I saw it was charging. Herb