Author Topic: How to beat the system & getting your liners, foot, etc. dirt cheap  (Read 9202 times)

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
Re: How to beat the system & getting your liners, foot, etc. dirt cheap
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »
Speaking of cars, years ago I was in a taxi in Copenhagen, Denmark. It was  a high-end Mercedes - a bit classier than the typical cab in the US.

I mentioned this to the driver.  His reply was, "This is my office.  I spend all day in this office, and I want it as comfortable as possible."  Good point, eh?  Got to admit it was a nice ride.  :)
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »
Some opinions offered on this forum, I just don't get it. ^^

Clearly  ;D

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 09:19:57 AM »
This thread has been hi-jack on you drive what, so i will start a new one on just what we drive and why.
you-all have a great day.

Offline pin-hi

• cool, clear water
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 08:46:14 PM »
I guess genki didn't get that I was being sarcastic. I think it's sick that someone would base their opinion on someone based on what they drive. I was hoping the forum would get back to amputees helping amputees instead of speculation on the greed factor of prosthetists based on what they drive.
pin-hi

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 09:06:41 PM »
Well, pin-hi, as you have suggested, your opinion doesn't count any more on this forum unelss you first post what you drive & state why. 

See above post ? ^^

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 03:46:02 AM »
I guess genki didn't get that I was being sarcastic.

You are indeed correct  :D ;D ::)

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2009, 05:37:06 PM »
Do you do your own dental work? They sell wholesale too. As for me I want my practitioner to be as wealthy as he wants to be and limited only by his own ability and desire. Would you really want a limb made by a guy out of the backseat of his car?

Nothing stops you from shopping. I am certainly glad Mr. Love can afford to sponsor this board and wouldn't blame him if he censured you. Please respect his feelings.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »
Do you do your own dental work? They sell wholesale too. As for me I want my practitioner to be as wealthy as he wants to be and limited only by his own ability and desire. Would you really want a limb made by a guy out of the backseat of his car?

Nothing stops you from shopping. I am certainly glad Mr. Love can afford to sponsor this board and wouldn't blame him if he censured you. Please respect his feelings.

I think you'll find the thread is about how shallow it is to judge someone by what car they drive.
I'm more than happy for my Prosthetist to drive a Rolls Royce if he/she chooses, it's none of my business.
How they handle their finances is up to them. How do I know where they get their money? Why would I be interested?

It's none of my business until I get a bill for a fantastical sum that is beyond reason.... then it's my business...

The leg guy doesn't have to charge fantastical sums to prevent himself having to build legs on the back seat of his car.

Offline allen-uk

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »
Hello Genki_rockets, and good to meet you.

Don't get distracted from your fight against Big Business. It's refreshing to hear what you are up to!

Allen, bka, London.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 09:13:48 AM »
I don't think its our leg guys who charge the outrageous prices they do. But the company that they work for, I go to Hanger and the prices are st by Hanger not the prosthetics personally. He only works for the company his salary is not that much and under $45,000 a year.

Offline Genki_rockets

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »
Snowbear, Hanger is a franchise, like McDonalds.  That's why Hanger makes socket fit for dog.  Most of Hanger operators are millionaires, grossing well over million per year.  Well, most business owners are millionaires.  Even farmers in Kansas are all millionaires because their farm equipments alone are worth well over a mill.  You may not think that liquor store owner is wealthy person until you realize his liquor store carries inventory of 1.2 million dollars.

I am not anti-business or anti-social or anti-prosthetists.  I absolutely love my prosthetist and I feel like he's the greatest person whenever I see him.  I run several interstate/international businesses myself and I don't have anything against establishment.   All I am doing here is letting other amputees know that there are ways to save $$.

My message was/is: Hey, economy is bad.  You can save money by ordering your own parts.  Ortho techs are just as good as prosthetists.  Ortho charges fraction of what prosthetists charge.  Go save money. 

Joe feels that I need to be censored.  Go figure. ^^

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »
I would rather see a well qualified certified  C.P. My leg guy has been a prosthetist for over 30 years and has become a persona Friend of my husband and me. He is great. I had a jerk for  a year who really screwed me up. Thankfully I found the guy i see now..

Thanks for your input! :)

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2009, 09:58:52 AM »
All of you out there have you own opinion, but from what i have read and gotten from my CPO, if OBAMA gets his new health plan it wont matter what the cost is most of us wont be abe to afford it and have legs made, cause that is one of the thing that he wants to do away with is DME equipment and any one over 65 or retired will fall to the bottom of the list and also lose our MEDICARE coverage,
you-all have a great day.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 10:10:36 AM »
All of you out there have you own opinion, but from what i have read and gotten from my CPO, if OBAMA gets his new health plan it wont matter what the cost is most of us wont be abe to afford it and have legs made, cause that is one of the thing that he wants to do away with is DME equipment and any one over 65 or retired will fall to the bottom of the list and also lose our MEDICARE coverage,

Jack I'm  100% with you on this...eventhough I have a ways to go before I' 65 its a huge concern...Another reason why I voted against this arrogant person.

Offline Showtime1k

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »
new here. resurfacing this thread. has anyone ever gotten anything off of ebay. im  looking to try the endolite.