Author Topic: Just wanted to share this  (Read 4337 times)

Offline jlruddy

• View Profile
Just wanted to share this
« on: July 17, 2009, 09:12:46 PM »
I had my leg amputated below the knee in an accident May 1 this year, and in the accident also broke my upper femur in 2 places and dislocated my hip bone.  My doc said the longest part of the healing process would be healing the compound break (not fracture, it was actually broken clean through in two places and reattached or set with a rod running through the center of the bone from my hip to my knee).  Anyway, some family of mine in Russia recommended a home remedy used extensively in eastern europe to promote bone healing, called Mumie (pronounced Mu-mi-yeh).  Basically the stuff is a natural compound found in caves in mountains of the Caucasus and central asia, looks sort of like road tar and dissolves in water.  At the prompting of my wife, I started taking this nasty stuff twice a day about 10 days after my accident; to make a long story short, I had an X-ray 38 days after the accident, and the doctor asked if I had been prescribed any bone growth drugs, as I was showing massive bone growth both over and around the breaks and even on the ends of the amputation!  Had another Xray 60 days later, and while I still had a large knot of growing bone around the broken area, the doc told me the bone was completely healed and strong enough to bear complete weight.  In my case this was about 2 months faster than expected.  Hopefully this helps some of you guys out, as I`ve found it to be pretty amazing.  I get the stuff at a Russian food store in Atlanta where I live, and apparently it is quite common in Easter Europe and most delis and "Russian" food stores will carry it.  It runs about $3 for a dose for 4 days.

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to share this
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 09:21:28 AM »
jlruddy. sounds like some great stuff, is there a web site that we can go to and read up on it more, cause us amp's have found out that what works for one maynot work for someone else.

Dont get me wrong i am not trying to shoot you down, just would like more information on it before i say anymore.
you-all have a great day.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 05:43:23 PM »
It can have some nansty and serious side effects be careful! ;)

Offline jlruddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »
Here`s a link to a website selling the stuff.  I`d beware of the sites listing it as "Russian anabolic" touting it as a strength enhancer, as I`ve heard their stuff is mixed with other ingredients, and also mumiye is really not known traditionally as being "performance enhancing" per se, it just enhances the regeneration of bones and musculoskeletal tissue.  Also, I heard from a relative that it has been given to every cosmonaut since the 70`s who is in space longer than 30 days to combat bone loss.

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »
Sounds like a miracle cure...Wish they had his when i was a kid. I suffered from Pseudarthrosis of the tibia..The leg usually breaks before age 2 as mine did at 8 months old in a cast! with this problem the bones grow apart no together and never form a union. I will tell parents who's kids have what I did. You never know.