Author Topic: Saying Goobye  (Read 16244 times)

Offline Fi

• View Profile
Re: Saying Goobye
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 02:21:47 AM »
Hi Joe,

I am thinking of you. I really really hope you pull through.

All my love,

Fiona

Offline King Rocky

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 07:55:25 AM »
Joe,
I sincerely hope you are okay!
I just stumbled upon your message and the awesome responses from people, who have been blessed and are offering prayers on your behalf, pleading with the Almighty to keep you alive for His bigger purposes.
Yes, I will do the same.
After very few interactions we've had on this forum, and now reading your message makes me grieve ... I mean it ...
God hears our prayers ...
Get well soon ... looking forward to more interactions with you.
Hang in there.
King Rocky
aka - Jan. '06
"Significant times in life are NOT ALWAYS significant, when we are going through it" -  Rajan '98

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »
Joe, I was away and shocked when I came across your post.  I don't write often but I do read faithfully.  Please stay well.  You are an asset to this forum.  We need your expertise.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.  Annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline Budsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 08:53:25 PM »
I hope all is well with u Joe and getting better.  Does anyone have any way of checking up on Joe??  Or maybe know what hospital he is in.

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
He does answer his Emails often.
Dave

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 07:05:23 AM »
Dave,

So he's ok?
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 09:52:25 AM »
That, I do not know.
Dave

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »
Dave,

Have you heard from him since he was to have surgery?  I had really hoped there was going to be someone who was in contact with his family.

Offline Dave 08

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »
Sorry, no
Dave

Offline specialk2674

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 10:01:55 PM »
Hey Joe don't know you but I will most definitely send a prayer your way. The Old Man upstairs owes me one.  P.S. he always delivers. God speed on recovery.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 11:02:35 PM »
Joe A:

Hey mate.  >:(  You sure know how to take the wind out of a guy's sails!

I just came across your Farewell post today, and I'm totally dumbfounded.  I surely pray that you survived - or will survive - the heart surgery.  As everyone's been saying, you have too many of us who owe so much to you for helping us to live with amputation - and all the ups and downs of life.

I know how scary cardiac bypass surgery can be, since I faced a quad bypass about 7 yeatrs ago.  As you can see, this stubborn ol' buzzard is still here.  But yes, any time ya contemplate "shutting down the engine" to re-arrange the plumbing, ya gotta face our own mortality. 

Like you, I was facing a shortage of spare veins.  The one leg was used up trying a fem-pop (arterial bypass) that soon failed.  And now the veins in the other leg were about to be used for the cardiac bypass.  Yep, you do get that feeling it might be wise to get one's house in order. 

Well, Joe, it was a relief tio wake up, look up, and think "that looks like a hospital ceiling".  Guess maybe I'm still on the "topside of the sod".  I pray, dear friend, that you have a similar experience, and that you have a few good years ahead, yet.

Your wit and wisdom and straight-forward candor have helped me so much over the years, I can't imagine a time without you here. 

Many years ago a college classmate wrote to the alumni paper, "The reports of my demise are slightly premature."  I pray that you'll be able to say the same.

So please, Joe, if your are still among us, give us a little nod to let us know how you're doing.  You know I live nearby, give a holler if I can help in any way, even if just to lend an ear.

If not, "Fair winds and followin' seas", and may the Almighty give you a seat at the head table.

Shalom, my friend.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 12:19:49 PM »

'Dick'  if you truly are near Joe maybe you can find out how he's getting along.  He always talked about his wife( even if he was joking) so maybe you can find his home phone # and contact her.  I know everyone here would really be pleased to find out something about him.  It seems so long since we have heard from him.   :(

Thanks,
ann
 :)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 10:52:06 PM »
I emailed him 5-7 days ago and I haven't heard back yet. My girlfriend is a nurse in a ICU/Cardiac unit in a hospital here in Ireland. She told me that it can take a good while for him to be able to get back to us. The operation may have been postponed and the recovery can take awhile.

The worse thing is just not knowing.
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »

'steve' I know you are right, but this waiting is bad!!!  My daugter-in-law works on the cardic intensive care unit also. 

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 10:50:53 PM »
Ann:

Today, we've been preoccipied with my wife coming home from the hospital after surgery, but in a day or two, I'll try to contact Joe A.

Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA