Author Topic: Our friend Joe.  (Read 13002 times)

Offline ann

• View Profile
Our friend Joe.
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »

Has anyone heard from {our friend} Joe?  Wonder if he is having more health problems?  Hope not. :)

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
Re: Our friend Joe.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »
I haven't seen him post in a while.

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »
Thank you for asking. I am well and still waiting for the burns to heal. Almost gone now. I crashed my computer by going where it didn't belong. What a pain to reboot everything. I passed the time by celebrating Fathers Day, Kamehameha Day and June 26th the day we mark the passing of Brother Iz.

It's a good time to be in Pennsylvania what with the Koreans wanting to nuke Hawai'i. I don't know. Maybe it's a good time to be anywhere. "Sometimes things are exactly what they seem to be"
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline snowbear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 04:19:04 PM »
Hey Joe! happy your OK!! hang tuff sounds like your making some good progress. ;)

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 04:46:29 PM »
Good to hear you're on the mend Joe.

I have Iz's date on my phone to remind me when the day comes around. He was a mighty man and a brilliant singer. For those who haven't heard his music here is a link to what may be his most famous tune. The end of the video shows his ashes being spread into the waters of Hawaii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltAGuuru7Q

Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 07:39:04 PM »
Joe:

Yer right.  Actually it IS a good time to be in Pennsylvania.  The weather's been quite good lately.  A little hot for my tastes, but otherwise good.  No tornadoes or forest fires or droughts or floods or hurricanes or ......

Glad to hear you're healing up.  You deserve some good breaks healthwise, I believe.

Hey,Joe!  Yours truly, wearing your "Some Assembly Required" tee-shirt is on the internet.  www.armsandlegsarenotaluxury.com
Look under the tab "State legislation", in the right margin.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 05:30:04 AM »
Is that you in the red shirt and blue cap?
Where ever I go, I'll always have one foot in Ireland   /   I'm not a complete fool. Some parts are missing.

Offline annieg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 08:03:18 AM »
Dick, nice picture of you with your favorite shirt.  It took a while but I found you under the state parity tab on the top of the page. annieg
He who limps, still walks.

Offline Steve C

• the west of Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »
Found him! Nice picture!

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 02:44:27 PM »
Yep.  That's me under the "State Parity" tab.  The photo's an oldie.  The ACA is getting its money's worth outta that one.  I don't mind, replaying my 15 seconds of fame. LOL

Once again, gotta thank Joe for the shirt.  :)
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Joe A.

• Malama Pono
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 05:31:32 PM »
You look great Dick. Thank you for your continuing support and crusade for health reform. I was visiting with my doctor and he was telling me about the new health bill just signed into law by Rendell.
The state government is now going to penalize doctors for "Non-compliant" patients. Watch this. At one point my A1C was 16. I've got it down to 8 - 8.5. Now you would think they should have released the doves, given me a trophy or at least want to bear my children but NO! I am considered a non-compliant patient until I get that A!C below 7. As you well know as an insulin dependent diabetic I have a slightly better chance of hitting the lottery.

When I turned 50 the doctor suggested a Colonoscopy. I said no thank you then I got a letter from my insurance company suggesting I reconsider. I did and again said no thank you. Now again I am a non-compliant patient and will be unless I get that test. As I said to my doctor,"Fat chance Booboo. See you next year"

Now there is talk of enacting a surcharge until people comply.
Private discussions regardless of topic are welcome by writing to kapunui@windstream.com

Offline pegleg jack

• pegleg jack
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 06:53:43 PM »
Joe A. your not the only one that is non- compliant with doctors, seems like after i turned 50 all get from them is you have to have this test and that test, and like i say no thanks, now all i hear is the i need a colonscopy and need to do it every year now that i am 65. and i have to get my blood pressure down to below 120/80 and my cholestal below 200 and have test done on my prostrat gland, and the funny thing is that my blood presure is 138/70 and my cholestral is below 300 and i can sleep all night and not have to get up and go pee, and i go to bed around 10:30 or 11:00 every night and i get up around 7:00 every morning. Read a report that us old nuts are sprouting up dasiys faster than all get out when we do get everything down the low compared to us that dont get there. so i choice to ignore my doctor on a lot of these test, most of the are so that the doctor makes more money by have them done and that increases the cost of our insurance. so i look at it like this, YOUR DAMMED IF DO AND DAMMED IF YOU DONT. And i can get out and walk about five mile now or swin in my pool and do around 10 to 15 laps, or get on my FITTNESS QUEST EASY GLIDER and go for 10 to 15 at a time for 2 to 4 session every other night.  And now she is on the high blood pressure kick agian and i have no intention of taking any med for it as long as i stay around 140/80 and i feel great. Most of these are set by the AMA and FDA, so that big PHARMA, makes  a bundle off of us in pills.
you-all have a great day.

Offline Dick Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »
Joe:

An A1C of 16??  I didn't know it ever went that high.  My recent one was almost 8, and the doctor went into orbit.  (Yeah, I've been eating too much lately.  Time to get back "on the wagon" again.)  My A1C's usually hover around 7 - a bit below or a bit above.
Dick Stevens, DBKA in PA

Offline Oneblueleg

• Hampshire, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 04:14:00 AM »
You look great Dick. Thank you for your continuing support and crusade for health reform. I was visiting with my doctor and he was telling me about the new health bill just signed into law by Rendell.
The state government is now going to penalize doctors for "Non-compliant" patients. Watch this. At one point my A1C was 16. I've got it down to 8 - 8.5. Now you would think they should have released the doves, given me a trophy or at least want to bear my children but NO! I am considered a non-compliant patient until I get that A!C below 7. As you well know as an insulin dependent diabetic I have a slightly better chance of hitting the lottery.

When I turned 50 the doctor suggested a Colonoscopy. I said no thank you then I got a letter from my insurance company suggesting I reconsider. I did and again said no thank you. Now again I am a non-compliant patient and will be unless I get that test. As I said to my doctor,"Fat chance Booboo. See you next year"

Now there is talk of enacting a surcharge until people comply.

Thank god for the NHS!

Offline ann

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 08:08:06 AM »

No thanks on the NHS....... :)